Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Sonic not at the Miami Boat Show? >

Sonic not at the Miami Boat Show?

Notices

Sonic not at the Miami Boat Show?

Old 02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as important is competition for attention at big events is stiff enough that a small booth could easily get lost in the crowd. Unless Sonic can afford to make a splash, it may not get noticed.

I am assuming they did a careful return on investment analysis and compared to internet marketing and media advertising and other various forms it just did not fit their budget. If they can continue to survive and generate income it may be possible in the years to come.Will you now not buy a Sonic strictly because they weren't there...doubtful. Now would the average boater unaware of Sonic not buy because they were not there..very debatable. I think customers are very well educated these days, especially with the very small market of performance boats.

As a brand loyal fan I can see how one might be disappointed that there product is not on display.

Last edited by Baja_man; 02-12-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Baja_man I think customers are very well educated these days, especially with the very small market of performance boats.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that with the internet and Great Pricing on the boats, they are right on track.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Miami would have been a great place to introduce the new step hulls. Also to show the vendetta to racers, and people thinking about racing. Good return on investment? No way to tell. But it could help build the future customer base.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

why has'nt our sonic rep from the factory john c. chimed in and set this discussion to rest!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

No matter what the decision was to be in the show or not, its a choice Frisini Motor Sports made, We have been to to factory to see all the Great builds going on. We even purchased a boat. Keep up the good work Frisini M/S.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
Well because I am going to a show to look at and compare a lot of different boats in one day instead of flying to 5 different cities. They should be there for their customers ease in my opinion. I am a company owner/operator also so I understand there can be cost issues but to me I would want to have my new product line up in the face of thousands of potential customers with cash. I have launched several startup brands for our company and the first thing we do is book trade shows heavily then let word of mouth carry after that. I am not knocking the company I just want them to understand that there are potential customers who would love to see them there. Hopefully they pull it together for next years show.
+2

Sonic should be in Miami with the new 38 Hypersonic... It's the largest boating showcase in the world, and it seems kinda bush-league that they're not there, whatever their reasons are...

I've always liked the looks of Sonics and the new 38 Hypersonic takes it up a notch with a stepped hull, staggered motors, a redesigned cockpit with a new dash etc... This boat looks like a winner, and deserves to be on display for the World to see in Miami!

My buddy (Captain Caveman on this forum) has a Sonic 31ss and is currently in the market for a new boat in the 38' range. Obviously we're BOTH extremely disappointed that this beautiful new Hypersonic won't be there to look at.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm
+2

Sonic should be in Miami with the new 38 Hypersonic... It's the largest boating showcase in the world, and it seems kinda bush-league that they're not there, whatever their reasons are...

I've always liked the looks of Sonics and the new 38 Hypersonic takes it up a notch with a stepped hull, staggered motors, a redesigned cockpit with a new dash etc... This boat looks like a winner, and deserves to be on display for the World to see in Miami!

My buddy (Captain Caveman on this forum) has a Sonic 31ss and is currently in the market for a new boat in the 38' range. Obviously we're BOTH extremely disappointed that this beautiful new Hypersonic won't be there to look at.
And I am sure that them not being there will influence his decision? common somebody spending 250,000 to 500,000 usd (or even more) is hopefully intelligent enough to take other things into consideration. On top of that with those budgets stay a day longer & go and have a tour at the factory.

Since the internet the good days off boat shows are over. People have their boatshows on their lap every single night. Up to a point were their wives are sick of boatshows
Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Perception is Reality = they have no money and are frauds.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by prred
Perception is Reality = they have no money and are frauds.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 784 Likes on 371 Posts

in speaking with a contact from frisini I was assured that the 38 hypersonic along with all of the other frisini boats would be there...not sure what happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.