Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Does anyone have hydraulic steering on their SONIC mounted on outside of drives? >

Does anyone have hydraulic steering on their SONIC mounted on outside of drives?

Notices

Does anyone have hydraulic steering on their SONIC mounted on outside of drives?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tjhuyser,
Congrats on the purchase. I like the design since I'm 6'6" tall. That extra few inches of room in the cabin make a big difference. I finally got it in the water this season and other than a leaky oil line it ran great. With a pair of HP425's and 25p Mirage props. I got 53 MPH @ 3400 RPM. Not too bad for an old HEAVY boat! I like the extra weight more than speed, it slices through the waves with no problem. Can't wait untill my stbd. engine is broken in and I can see what it tops out at (hopefully 70's). As far as anything to look for everyone else has said to look for cracks in the gellcoat around the deck areas. It'd be a good idea to ask some of the other members on the forum that have a lot more experience than I do (that's where I get all my info). Got any pix to post? Love to see it.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics soon

yeah, I'll get some better pics soon...I've noticed some around the swim platform, but otherwise...hull is in great shape... taking the motor up to a machine shop to check the block crank etc, and setup the bottom end.. gonna hit 50's this week so I'm going to get in and rip out the old carpet and clean up the bilge while redoing the one engine
I'm hoping with twin 650's I'll be in low mid 80's..