Finally Did These Three Things! >

Finally Did These Three Things!

Notices

Finally Did These Three Things!

Old 06-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Did These Three Things!

Ever since I got my Prowler I have been wanting to put in a second O/D operate switch. It makes putting the O/D up and down each time so much easier without going to the stops. I have to climb a step stool in my drive way and two cinder blocks in the barn to operate the O/D. That sucks! So I installed a second switch at the bottom of the driver side hand rail. SWEET! Just thought I would pass it on to those who may have the same issue. Have a picture but cannot include.

Installed a custom air intake I designed myself. After the mods the OEM intake seemed inadequate and it was hard to fit with the FWC hoses. Used a Hardine face plate to attach hose/intake to the TB. Got a 90° piece of 3.5" hose, attached to a 3.5" piece of aluminum tubing and hung a big K&N on the end. Again a have a pic but cannot post or maybe I can but am not smart enough on how to.

Did my first GPS speed run since my mods. By myself, 75 gal. fuel, 10 gal water and 18" chop. Saw 64 MPH GPS @ 4,800 RPM, into the wind, burning 32.5 gal/hour with a 24P B1. Trim was not the best so I would expect to see a little more with less chop and better trim.

Ed
'99 Sonic Prowler/502 MAG/B1 24P
Dart Pro-1 Aluminum Heads/SS Intakes/Inconel Exhausts
Comp Cam Roller Rockers/Push Rods (.375")
Cometic SS Head Gaskets
ARP Studs
IMCO Aluminum Exhaust
Hardine SS Risers
Complete MSD Ignition/Cooling Fan
Denso Iridium Plugs/MSD Plug Wires
K&N/Hardine Marine/PWR Air Intake
ECM Upgrade
San Juan FWC
Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
That valve train would work with a little forced induction......