30 sonic specs >

30 sonic specs

Notices

30 sonic specs

Old 02-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 sonic specs

Just picked up a 30' sonic so as a project boat. Anyone have any specs on the boat? Thanks
Old 02-10-2017, 07:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

What sort of specs?
Old 02-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Registered

Gas tank capacity, where water pumps are located, weight without engines, wire diagram, any info would help.the boat came striped and am starting to do cosmetic work and fill in transom for outboards, but, have not had the time to search for things. Would be nice to see what the boat came with rather then guess. I hope in the next few weeks I will be having the time to investigate things but now overwhelmed with conversion. If you have anything I would appreciate if you could email it to [email protected]. Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Registered

Still looking for any specs on a 31' sonic, 1987.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Mine has 2- 80 gallon tanks, piped to two switchable fuel valves under rear bench. Wiring is pretty straight forward, cabin power for lights runs thru dash switch then to multiple switches in cabin for individual light groups, don't have a diagram of the accessory wiring, but engine and dash follows Merc color code found in service manual. Water pump for sinks is in the bilge near water tank. Don't know weight without engines but dry weight was supposed to be 7500#. Subtract 1400-1500ish for engines and drives. Old school Sonics were built like tanks, but you will appreciate the ride quality.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:40 PM
Registered

Thanks for the response. The boat is an 1987 also. I just took the back seat out and see the gas valves for switching gas tanks. Thanks for that. When you say the water tank is in the bilge my bilge was empty where engines were are you talking about under the deck rather then the engine area? Also where is the macerator pump located. If the boat wasn't so completely stripped out it would be much easier to picture. You have been very helpful thanks again. Gary