45 vs 42 ... advantages >

45 vs 42 ... advantages

Notices

45 vs 42 ... advantages

Old 09-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 45 vs 42 ... advantages

Ive been looking at these tow models. What are the main differences besides twins vs triples ? Cabin and cockpit size? What are speed, ride aND fuel comsumption differences?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Everything from the steering wheel --> forward is identical on both boats.
A triple engine 45' will have the same cockpit space/layout as the 42' with twins.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

I dont agree! My cockpit space between the rear bench seat up to the bolster seat is bigger. Bigger by lets say close to a foot, makes for a much more confortable cockpit . And the rear hatch over the engines is much taller than a 42, that makes me able to have 2 people sleeping on the hatch overnight, wich is a big plus and advantage for me, wich was not possible with a 42. You can sleep your foot towards the drives and the head towards the cockpit

i really enjoy my 45 for those 2 main reasons!

as for fuel, if you want to be the fastest out there, first you wont, (there is always someone faster anyways, whatever the boat you have), second you will have 3 thirsty dog wot sucking up fuel... my experience is running at cruising speed, at 3000 rpm = 40 mph, 3250 rpm 45 mph , and 3400 running 50 mph, it is not more expensive from point a to b than my twin formula 38. If you calculate per hors running, i would say you might be 10% more than my twin. Again, cruising speed, i never tried wot enough to know.

the last point, wich i never thought would happen, i once was in a bay. One engine caught grass in the drive so engine ran too hot to run i shut it down. No problem, still have 2 engines! Then hydraulic steering hose broke, loosing fluid and of course, direction, that day i felt really lucky to have 3 engines! Because even with one engine down, i still had to engines to bring me home, even without steering!!!

best boat to this day for me!

hope it helps!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
Ive been looking at these tow models. What are the main differences besides twins vs triples ? Cabin and cockpit size? What are speed, ride aND fuel comsumption differences?
what boats are you looking at exactly? Are they in your area?