Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Windscreen Question >

Windscreen Question

Notices

Windscreen Question

Old 10-23-2002, 11:03 AM
surfacetension

Default Windscreen Question

OK here,s the deal I am in the market for a new/used boat maybe a 26 prowler, the boat I have now has a windshiel and we boat in the northeast ( NOT always warm) Do you guy,s know of a windshield that can be put on a prowler?? it may be a deal breaker as far as my wife is concerned.
Any help would be great, also What is the interior width of the back seat, how tight is four across the back?

Old 10-23-2002, 07:27 PM
bn
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure about the Prowler, but my boat is deep enough so that my head is barely in the wind when I'm driving. I have never had a boat with a windshield.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sonic makes a clear windscreen. I have seen it on other boats; but not a 26' Prowler. I am 6'2" and the wind does hit me when standing, but does not affect me. When I am at speed-driving postion, tucked a bit with my feet upon the angled foot support, I am not blown by the wind at all.

Two suggestions:
Contact Jay at the factory, and see what he can make for you. You DO NOT want a 'Formula looking' windshield and frame on this boat. It will RUIN the lines. The windscreen is a viable option, especially if a taller one can be made, in either clear plexiglass.

Check out www.windaway.com
This is a product that I have looked at. It looks very functional, and I have seen them in action, and it works. It also comes off, and does not ruin the looks of the boat. There are actually a few companies that make this type of sheild.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Also, is she worried about her hair or her eyes? If it is just the eyes, buy a pair of:
http://www.guard-dogs.com/
-Sidecars- model.

They are fantastic at keeping the wind out of your eyes. I wear contacts at speed, and have never had a problem.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:23 AM
surfacetension

Thanks alot, this may still be a hard sell, to the MRS. I guess I should get her out on one

Old 10-24-2002, 07:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Offshore Performance in Grasonville, MD is having an open house this weekend. Call Frank and see if they are going to have or can have a Prowler in the water.
www.offshore-performance.com
Old 10-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added 6" of clear Lexan to my wind screen works great!!its 1/8' thick and you can bend it easy with a heat gun cost me $20
Old 10-29-2002, 05:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno,

How did you attach the extra 6" onto your windscreen? Does it come off easily to put the cover on or did you get a new cover made for it?
Old 10-29-2002, 05:22 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I through bolted it and had a new cover made.....small stainless screws with lock nuts....makes a huge differance seated you have no wind at all....
Old 10-29-2002, 05:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any photos?? Would love to see it. We have our sights set on a 31', took one out for a demo on Sunday and wind was a factor. I'm 6' 2" tall and it's not as deep as the 35' we tested, tighter driver area.... Have to sell our boat and extra trailer we have first....

Quick Reply: Windscreen Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.