Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Something Strange going on @ Sonic??? >

Something Strange going on @ Sonic???

Notices

Something Strange going on @ Sonic???

Old 01-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Something Strange going on @ Sonic???

Something very strange happened this morning. In my email was a subject title of "need Windows 98 upgrade". I opened it and then the attachment. This attachment was from
Sonic USA, Inc.
To: Leon Jose (my name is george, was Jose the sender??)
Re: Opportunity
Comments: Please call Sonic @ 954-922-5535.

So I called...... no Leon Jose or Jose Leon in the directory. The operator sent me to someone who hardly understands english, & the operator comes back on line.....(also not understanding much) Please leave your name & number, we will refer this to sales and someone will call you. ??? What the???

This is wierd!! I told them the only contact I had was with Jay. Operator said " he is no longer here"...
What's with a company that terminates a competent, knowledgable & understands english (make that American!!) and hires only fluent Spanish speaking with limited english skills??
And of course, you have to leave messages for everyone else as they will not answer the phones.
Disgusting....what a way to run a business.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Byron

I'm sure Richard Hewitt can help you if he will ever return your call, well maybe, maybe not! good luck.

Old 01-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And now I know Sonic reads this board!!

Sonic (Linda) called me back this a.m. They now have a copy of the email & are as mystified as I am.

Who knows....Prankster??? They handled this as well as can be expected by calling me to discuss it. Linda asked me to contact her with any further questions about my old Sonic. & Good Show, Sonic!
Old 01-15-2003, 06:32 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange, but good to see them make good.

HEY SONIC! If you are reading this board, how about an update on the corprate restructuring going on there for your most loyal customers(us)?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Byron

Hey Sonic, I've also purchased 2 new boats from you (over $500,000) why don't you return my e-mails or phone calls. Jay would not let this happen! Thats OK I'll see you at the boat show and I'll tell you want I think!!

Old 01-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Registered

Damm 500K! I hope they answer your calls. Them losing even one person of your stature would be very detrimental and especially since you're an OSO member.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:49 AM
TeamSonic42

I just heard up here in MD that Jay was no longer with company
( Sonic ). Also that Frank, from Offshore Performance in Grasonville, Md left that company also. Any truth to the rummors ? If so whats up ?

Old 01-21-2003, 08:59 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

yup its true about Jay. Don't know about Frank.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Both true.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:58 PM
TeamSonic42

Harry Judge is now selling the Sonic line for Offshore Performance. He called me yesterday about the inquiry I made, thru the Sonic website, about purchasing a new 45 Sonic. Didnt discuss Frank though. Harry has alway been a nice up front guy in my dealings with Offshore Performance. No problems with him.

Quick Reply: Something Strange going on @ Sonic???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.