Top speed on a 386 with Merc power...? >

Top speed on a 386 with Merc power...?

Notices

Top speed on a 386 with Merc power...?

Old 05-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where would you like me to start?????

The boat was rerigged at K&R Racing in Ohio. One reason the boat was on the market so long was price and lack of dealing on Full Tilt Marine's part ie: trailer etc.
Just like the former F-2 boat they had that did not include the trailer. Who would pay $100K for a beat up race boat with very used engines and not have a trailer included.
There is also a real good reason you should not have bought the boat. If you like more insight PM me with an email address as I won't go in to it here.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:36 AM
TeamSonic42

We had discussed the Baja on here before........ I hear it is a real pig ! I saw it run at last years Thunder On The Bay, and was not impressed.....nice looking boat, but all the makeup on it dont make it fast. Should run with the set up in it .........

LOR, what props are you running on your 42. I have 24 Hydro's, they suck. Have a set of 24 B1's to try out. Plus my boat is fully loaded out Genny, arch etc. Just looking for a speed comparison due to weight issues. Also what trim setting were you running when you attained that speed ? Again, for comparison reasons.........

43Thunder, looked real hard at the new 46BT at the boat show. Very Nice boat ! Hate to say it, but if and when I move up, will really have to consider the BT. The BT had standup head room all the way forward to the V berth, were as I dont have as much as the BT has. 75 GPS with 525's, and they will power it with anything you want from anybody you want !

Old 05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TS 42, mine has the gen and is loaded but no arch. 24 b1 props with a little work done to them but not a full lab. Trim at about 4-41/2 tabs level with the bottom at 2 1/2. 1/2 gas water? crap tank? case of beer 2 people on board. 5200 rpm. The day I bought it it went 76.2 gps in the bay no gen and almost out of gas, perfect 2-3 footers spaced just right. Should have gotten a picture. 95 % of the time now with all the crap I have on it and people I get 73.5-74 But I am sure if I stipped everything out of it and put some speed coat on the bottom I could get it over the 75 mark again, that's just not the mark I want to hit. 100 is my next mark and I dont think the 42 is going to be the boat that hits it.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:50 AM
TeamSonic42

LOR, thanks for the impute. Just like to see what everyone elses 42 runs. Running fast is not really my main priority, but its nice to know that she will go x if need be.

Running a 100 in a 42 is not out of reach......just add big power. But to do that you may loose dependability, which is something I dont want to loose. I like my ammentites that the 42 has, so I sacrifice speed for comfort......bedsides no matter what I may do, someome will always be faster ! So I think I will stick to what I have.......maybe add prochargers to run in the 80's.

That 46 Black Thunder was real nice ! Lots of room, more than the Sonic. But I didnt like the step up into head. Also I think our head is bigger. But overall a real nice boat.

Hate to say it, but may be a toss up for my next boat ! The BT guys promised me a ride and to let me drive one at their ralley this summer. That will be the deciding factor I think. Moving to a 45 Sonic only gives me an additional engine/HP, not more room....

Old 05-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Registered

TS, I to like all the room of the Sonic thats why my next boat is going to be a Outerlimits. It's looking pretty good for the 98 47 that is at Fastboats .com I have the deal all worked just moving some dept around to get a better rate. I was told by Mike Fiore that it will run 104-106 the way it is set up, Randy Sweers had it at 95 @5500 RPM it red lines at 6200. It has new tripp 700's so they should live a while. If you want a BT call or pm me I have some info you will want.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Registered

The 43 and 46 thunder have the same cabin just a bigger cockpit. That is not the info I have for you.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Hydro~Therapy

Default Top speed on a 386 with Merc power...

Mine is an '03 with 525's. The best I've seen is 78. However, I have been running tanks more than 1/2 full. I'm told that running with 1/2 the fuel means 4-5 mph. Does anyone have any experience here?

Old 05-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember that a Sonic with under 1/2 tanks of fuel better be looking for a fuel stop shortly. The design of the tanks are "V" bottom like your boat. So there is not much left in them at the bottom. I usually kept about 50-75 gallons per tank unless going for a long trip. Weight does make a difference in speed.