Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Sonic ????????? >

Sonic ?????????

Notices

Sonic ?????????

Old 01-05-2004, 10:29 PM
heat wave

Default Sonic ?????????

Word on the street is Sonic has been sold to a fish boat co. Dakota boats has bought Sonic.There are moving the plant to N.Fla where they make the fish boats.A engine builder is moving into the Sonic plant,got my info from a guy in Fla. whos neighbor works there.He went to work today and was sent home,Richard tell us different.

Old 01-06-2004, 03:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heat wave i was still considering ordering a new 358, have you found out if this rumor is true or not?
Old 01-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow!
Old 01-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Registered

i hope there is no truth to this i think sonic is stronger than ever with the race team doing great and the new 46 i think they are going to be around for a long time.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Registered

I work down the street from the factory, All I can say is the parking lot was empty over the last two weeks, I assumed everyone was home for the Holidays. The lot has had a lot more cars in it the last two days. If they WERE sold to a fishboat company, that would make sense since there were quite a few center consoles in their lot last summer, looked as if they were doing rigging for someone else. Hope its not True!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm on hold right now with Sonic. When I asked the operator she was quiet for a couple seconds and then said to please hold.

Ok, she's back on the phone. She says she can't answer my questions and to please leave my name and number. Someone will call me back.

Does't look good. I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble down there for spilling the beans.

You never know. It could be a good thing. Maybe they ran into debt trouble and the supposed buyout will put them on stronger ground. If they don't call me back I hope they will issue a press release.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a call from Richard at Sonic.

The rumor is FALSE. They have not been bought out. They have however been doing some acquisitions and some merging. All in the name of growth, supporting EPA standards and supporting Homeland Security.

Richard is reviewing a draft press release and it will hopefully come out by the end of the week. Sonic is still building go fast boats.

Richard said if you any questions or concerns to call him directly. Great guy to talk to.

Great news!
Old 01-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

thank goodness!
Old 01-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Thanks LM.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Registered

Being that my boat is in transit to my dealer I also called Richard H. as well as Grand Sport (my dealer in IL) w/ the same concern. No response from Richard yet. The owner of GSC, although he did not absolutely deny that Sonic was sold said why would that be a bad thing if they were? He related a positive spin on Sonic with Reggie Fountain's good fortune when Brunswick lent him some 20 million to keep his company running. My response was well, if everyone at the plant knew they were loosing their job in the next couple of months what would be their work enthusiasm in building someone else's boat?
As far as the last couple of weeks. There has been a plant shut down, typical of boat manufacturers in the winter.
Also, would Sonic update their website, clothing line, presence in racing if they were selling? Would they have spent the money they did on new boat molds?
My wife is on a business trip in Ft. Lauderdale today (Tuesday 01/06 and tomorrow Wed. 01/07). I asked her to pick up my new Sonic clothing I ordered and also to "poke around". Ask for a "look see" of the facilities. Let's see if they oblige.
I'll keep everyone posted!

Quick Reply: Sonic ?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.