New Sonic in rough water. >

New Sonic in rough water.

Notices

New Sonic in rough water.

Old 04-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn Tony thats an excellent picture!! We need you around here to get some good pictures of us balls to the wall. With our 28 labbed Mercury Bravo One that we got at the end of the season last year, there aint much of our bow heavy boat in the water . The problem is we spun it at 5600 RPM and it may be too small this year. I'll probably need to try a 30....I know a guy with a particulary slow 26 Sonic, with a fast name on the board (it has SC in it) , that has a 30 pitch....but if I keep picking on him he probably won't let my try it...if he lived around here I'd have him hooked up...LOL We're gonna try and see more of you and Jill this year, by coming down that way more often, since you don't come up this way and hang on our island... Did Scott sell his boat? Instead of going with a bigger 29/30 Outlaw, my brother bought a H2 Hummer this year, and said he has on order a 25 Outlaw SST that will be done in the middle of April. I'm happy with the size of the 26 so I can't reason out going bigger yet, plus it won't fit in the garage. We can't wait to get on the water, but right now my motor is sitting in the garage on a engine stand...LOL!!
Tell Jill we said "howdy" ...
Old 04-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for all the input guys Like everyone said though, I just need some time behind the wheel in order to get use to the boat and its characteristics.

Originally posted by Pure Energy
In choppy water the Sonics ride better at higher speeds. With my 31, the slower I go in rough water the harder the ride. Like everyone else said, it will take some seat time to find the sweet spots. Don't be discouraged, this is a performance boat made to perform! If you want to go slow....buy a cruiser!!!
I never go slow
Old 04-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Registered

Tony you got me crackin up here
Old 04-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by 26sonic
prowler looking good, this is my friends boat beating a 25 active thunder and 26 hustsler all of equal power........sonics kicks a$$.........................
Hmmm.
All execpt that Active Thunder....I believe I was in front all weekend

Your Picture shows a Fountain, 26 Hustler and the Sonic.
The AT has already left the frame and is up the lake a bit.

Last edited by Tantrum; 04-05-2004 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Originally posted by 26sonic
prowler looking good, this is my friends boat beating a 25 active thunder and 26 hustsler all of equal power........sonics kicks a$$.........................

That’s quite a bold statement. Let’s talk facts

Hustler is bone stock Hp 500. The owner will tell you the boat only goes 70 Not a bar room 80

Sonic has hp 500 attached to a Merc ITS (stand off box) with an Arizona speed and marine kit on it along with other secrets the owner dose not want to share. Bar room 80 mph

Active thunder has a 502 MPI pushing 500 hp and has proven to beat the sonic on numerous occasions, (but we do not talk that do we) Gps 76.6 (standard bravo)

For get about the Scarab (not pictured). I have nothing to prove to anyone but my self.

I have been in Scotts & jills boat. The 26 required tabs to keep the boat stable in the rough. The one with the ITS has been known to launch vertical, this is why we use to call him vertical limits. Sorry but that boat in the rough water at high speeds is dangerous if you don’t pay attention to what’s going on. I just don’t see having a boat that requires that much attention to adjusting the tabs to be considered a well engineered boat. I rode a many of boats of this size and was quite disopointed in the ride in the 26 Sonic..... Sorry guys.................

My 28 Scarab has 280 tabs on the back that are held up with bungi cords because I never finished hooking them up. This is because I have no need for them other than ornaments. The boat blast through 4-5 footers like you would not believe. Just ask pure energy about his hell ride.

If I had to choose between a Baja and a sonic of course I would chose the sonic. But if I was in the market for a new boat, the 26 sonic would not be on my list.

See you all on the river

Paul
Old 04-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot Boat, that sure was an awsome ride! Just get some grab handles, will ya!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Registered

Duh Sh!t, dar goes the neighborhood !

Maybe someday Paul will tell us how he really feels.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered

To get this post back on track a bit I do think the 26 is a very capable boat. The ITS drive with the built in standoff is definatly an improvment over the standard Bravo set up. I would say you have a very nice set-up and with a little seat time you'll be very pleased with your choice.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

guy's the season has'nt even started yet and there is controversy already !! it's going to be a long lonely season when nobody's talking to each other ! who cares
who's boat is faster or handles better be thankful that
your fortunate enough to own one !!! now behave and i'll see you on the river next month
Old 04-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Sorry guys . No offense personally. I love all you guys. We have had many great times together . Like Chris said I was just stating my opinion. I guess I got my foot in my mouth . Like you said who cares whose boat is faster and we should be thankful we own one and have a chance to experience all the thrills and opportunity to meet great people that all share the same interest. I cant wait to see everyone this year on the river. Its going to be a new year with many new rides out there. I cant wait to see them all. Thats if you are all still talking to me LOL see you all on the water.

Paul

Quick Reply: New Sonic in rough water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.