26 OR 31 How Big a Diffrence in Ride? >

26 OR 31 How Big a Diffrence in Ride?

Notices

26 OR 31 How Big a Diffrence in Ride?

Old 02-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 26 OR 31 How Big a Diffrence in Ride?

john o' donnell how fast is your 31 with 500's and what props are you using ? how does she run in rough water 3-4 footers ?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered

31 is definately the better choice. Check the classifieds. There's one listed in your area.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:27 PM
Registered

Yeah if your talkin about the 31 with the sayin overspray on the side i have seen that one a few times out on the lakes, looks like a nice boat, seen it up by the sandbar, let me guess is it yours, just wondering looks nice.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered

Yep sir, it's mine. We're moving to Mexico soon so she's up for sale. If your interested it's sitting pretty in storage in Antioch. Be glad to show it to you. It would definitely be a better choice than a 26 footer and closer than Maryland to boot.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered

Yeah the boat looks good, im still waiting on some money things to happen, i found a 26 i really like in Wisconsin,still have to go look at it, but it sounds good, plus its my first boat so i think ill start small, its for the chain so the 26 will be nice,just have to keep my fingers crossed my situation improves in a hurry. But nice boat.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

there is a 31 on ebay now. looks nice.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JLANE
Genmar has the same problem. Their Vec process is crap. I have a Larson dealer on the books thats had nothing but problems. They were the first to come out with that process and Sonic and a few others followed there lead. The hull layup is more uniform and lighter, hense its stronger and by being lighter you'll go faster. The thing they elect not to mention is this allows them to speed up the production, inturn saving costs, cutting corners that type of thing. The problem is by speeding up the curing process the gel and in some cases the hull become very brittle. They've had boats stress crack in transit to the dealer. Believe it or not, they crack on the trailer. And some of those cracks go past the gel into the glass. The dealer I broker has replaced 2 boats under warranty because of this. By the sounds of it, if the customers got there way 2 would turn into 102.
Please be a bit more specific that you are refering to a Larson , not a Sonic!! the vec process is a closed mold system , nothing that is even close to the Fx tech that Sonic is using . Cutting corners ? how is giving you a more uniform resin to mat ratio cutting corners?? Why would you want a bunch of resin (read no structural properties)between your layers of mat . Both of these products have no structural integrity until matched with the other. Excess resin = excess weight and lack of structural integrity. Lets not even get in to the fact that this is the process thats 2008 EPA approved. there is a lot more behind the process than any joe boater would understand
From what I've Been told Genmar has a tech school just for this problem and you can now order the mat, resin, and gel out of the parts dept from your local dealer.
Please be a bit more specific that you are refering to a Larson , not a Sonic!! the vec process is a closed mold system , nothing that is even close to the Fx tech that Sonic is using . Cutting corners ? how is giving you a more uniform resin to mat ratio cutting corners?? Why would you want a bunch of resin (read no structural properties)between your layers of mat . Both of these products have no structural integrity until matched with the other. Excess resin = excess weight and lack of structural integrity. Lets not even get in to the fact that this is the process thats 2008 EPA approved. there is a lot more behind the process than any joe boater would understand