Friday December 8th.

Notices

Friday December 8th.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Friday December 8th.

Yep....A whole lot warmer than the maiden voyage last Sunday with the temp at 38 degrees with winds at 15 mph coming out of the north. Especially when Eddie went for a swim......he had on so many clothes that one of his layers of sweat pants caught the bow cleat and in he went. I kept yelling "Kick your legs!" he replied "I can't feel them!" I would have gone in after him but I was concerned that the boat would get scratched.....we were real close to the dock!!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Re: Friday December 8th.

Congrats on the engines! Don't forget to winterize them. I'd hate to laugh at your azz when they're cracked next year!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks! I am not going to winterize them....I have central heat and air in the shop now. I enjoy being able to buzz down to the ramp on the warm weekends. Knowing my luck.....we will get some kind of frigging ice storm and be without power for weeks and they will freeze and bust......only if the generator runs outa gazz!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Jonboy, did you dyno those engines? What your est. top speed gonna be? It'll be strange seeing you out there again!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

771hp at 5400 and 798 ft/lb torque at 4300......each! I don't know what it is going to do.....never had that much Verified HP in it before. It is pulling 30's buried in the water....I have a fairly deep x like they are not back there. I have not stood on it yet....I still have a carb going a little lean right as the secondary's start to open. It is running 70-72 and the secondary's have not opened yet. Both times I have run it....after I take it out of the water I go back and look at the drives......I am hoping they will hold up if I baby them....XR's with upgrades. I fought the same carb for a day on the dyno, pulled the carb off the other motor and it picked up 70hp and ran perfect. I ended up dynoing both motors with the same carb. They were both built by the guy who does Gary Teagues carbs. We talked to him after the dyno and he told Eddie to check a couple of things. I thought I had it nailed and I went out yesterday and it did the same thing again. I am not a carb guy.....that is why I paid alot of money to have someone who is do them. We have the fast double barrel AFR meter and two innovatives monitoring all 4 banks at the same time so we definately know what it is doing. I am learning alot that is for sure.....
Old 12-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Registered

Talking Re: Friday December 8th.

With that much power you better take that wing off or that f*cker will take off like an airplane!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered
VIP Member

It is an aireal trim tab...new thing....cutting edge technology....
Old 12-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Registered

Cool Re: Friday December 8th.

Originally Posted by thunderusone
It is an aireal trim tab...new thing....cutting edge technology....
COOOOL!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John,
Glad to hear you are back in business! Looking forward to seeing you back on the pond next summer ...sounds like you're close to having it screamin' .
Actually, 30 years ago, a UT engineering professor designed a
Superbird type wing for a 15' Allison with a 150XS. This was used for stability, as those little boats were really squirrelly. It was really fast (won several circle races), and I think set a straightaway speed record too.
I wish I had a picture of it, but it was back in the Pleistocene era before digital cameras.
Just found a picture of it on the Allison website.........check it out.
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Friday December 8th.-allison-wing.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 12-12-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks! We are friggin ecstatic! Eddie has done an awesome job for me. We are looking forward to getting back out and seeing everyone as well. See, I knew my "dope wing" had a legitimate function. Ask butch about the "dope wing". I am am redoing the interior and it is off right now....however it will be back in full "dope wing" force for the summer. That thing is my leaning post for telling great grandeous bullchit stories!! If that wing could talk....I would be in the penitentiary.

Quick Reply: Friday December 8th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.