1St Annual Euchee Marina Poker Run

Notices

1St Annual Euchee Marina Poker Run

Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
How did you guys like Watts Bar & the run ? I didn't make it over to the docks untill saturday around 12:15 or so & I just made a real quick walk through & then went & got in the boat with my father in his Formula & we watched you guys blow through headed towards the dam. Not sure what you guys were expecting as far as boat turn out but it seemed to be pretty successful for the first run , or atleast outside looking in.
What did you guys think about it ?

I think that Euchee has just about the perfect venue for a run. On site lodging, plenty of parking and a restaurant are all a plus. Can't beat a steak dinner, that was nice.

I think the turnout for the first year was pretty good. I think we winded up with around 15-17 boats or so.

The lake is nice and there was plenty of room to run. It was nice seeing a new area. Hopefully I will make it back down in the fall.

Now for the negatives.

If you are going to change a card stop location, it might be helpful to make sure everyone knows about it. Bob and I were not lost, everyone else was.

They should have done a better job getting TWRA on board. Rather than spend time in the driver's meeting talking about the importance of safety, not drinking and driving, wearing your PFDs and lanyards, the TWRA officer thought it was more important to make sure we all knew that we were going to be breaking the law if we were above the 86 decibel level for noise. They made it clear they were going to be gunning for us. It was quite funny watching them follow us around the lake all day pointing their little decibel meter at us. He also said that if any of us even looked like we were racing, they would give us a ticket. The funny thing is that he could not explain what "racing" looked like. It did not help that the promoter himself referred to the run as a race during the meeting. He also made it quite clear they were not going to allow us to all start together. He wanted a three minute delay between boats. Of course as soon as he left, we all took off together anyway. I really don't think this guy knew what to expect out of us. I think he thought we were just going to be raising hell and causing trouble in our big bad performance boats.

Overall we had a good time, our crew can make the best of any situation.

I updated our gallery with some pictures.

http://etpbc.com/gallery/
Old 08-30-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Thanks.

How did you guys like Watts Bar & the run ? I didn't make it over to the docks untill saturday around 12:15 or so & I just made a real quick walk through & then went & got in the boat with my father in his Formula & we watched you guys blow through headed towards the dam. Not sure what you guys were expecting as far as boat turn out but it seemed to be pretty successful for the first run , or atleast outside looking in.
What did you guys think about it ?

I would have liked to have gotten to meet a few of you but I just wasn't able to get ther in time to hang out.

Btw: kenvik01 Why didn't you run ? Your boat looks really good. What does the boat weigh & how does it run ?
When it came time to run, those that were supposed to ride with me (and Todd) backed out. So, since it was going to be just me, I decided to ride with Todd in the yellow cat.
My boat weighs around 5200 and I had it up to 68 the other night. Just installed EMI headers so that helped. Still not hitting the upper rpm's so a prop change may be in order.
All in all, for their first time, I think Euchee did a real good job. Concert Sat. was good, food was good, and the company was good.
Hope to see you next year in Lenoir City and at Euchee. Ken
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed the run & I agree it is a good location & facilities.

You just have to love the guys who put on a badge & suddenly become a superhero ! Its like the outfit has cockyness juice ( no pun intended ) that is instantly absorbed into their skin after putting it on ! They should have been happy that they actually had something to do.
did anybody get a ticket ?

Kenvik01 : What kind of power is in that cat ? How does it run ?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

did anybody get a ticket ?

Amazingly, no. The guy in the Fountain with the checkered graphics came close. The officer caught him while getting on plane and was going to give him a ticket. The owner explained that he had some tall props on the boat and that it was taking more throttle to get up on plane. The officer told him to get up on plane, go down the lake then come back by. If he passed he would let him off. He crept by and passed.

I wish you had stuck around, It would have been nice to meet you face to face. I don't think Chris and I knew you were there.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I talked to chris through email yesterday & as I was telling him we didn't get to stick around much we just did a quick walkthrough around 12:15 or so & then had to meet up with my father in order to see anything other than everybody leaving the docks , which would have been a bit hard on a guy whose boat is sitting in the shop waiting to put power in it. I would have taken one of you guys up on the invite to ride along but I had my wife & both of my young daughters 3 & 8
so that wouldn't have worked out to well.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:01 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

No worries, I am sure we will hook up at some point when you get that bad boat of yours on the water. I can't wait to see it in person.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

I hope you guys do it again in 2008, I'll come to the next one
Old 11-16-2007, 03:14 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by long duck dong
I hope you guys do it again in 2008, I'll come to the next one
Don't forget about the Tennessee River Rally in Knoxville. Should be in July for 2008. Working on the dates now.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:52 PM

Matt, did you see the new issue of Full Throttle. Really nice article about the 'Rally' and a good pic. of your new boat.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:49 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kenvik01
Matt, did you see the new issue of Full Throttle. Really nice article about the 'Rally' and a good pic. of your new boat.

Actually....I wrote it. Glad you liked it. My friend Marshall took the pictures.

Quick Reply: 1St Annual Euchee Marina Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.