Texoma Flood Report >

Texoma Flood Report

Notices

Texoma Flood Report

Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Texoma Flood Report

Most other TX lakes are reporting the same kind of flooding. There is also some good info on Lake Lewisville.

Flood report curtesy of www.lakepirateforums.com member LP-1 link: http://www.lakepirateforums.com/Foru...c/t=10103.html

"I have talked with several marina owners and managers by phone and compiled a basic report.

They expect the lake to crest at 633 (average is 618, current 626) by the fourth assuming the rain stopped now. Based on that synopsis the distance under bridges won't allow most larger vessels to pass. With more rain predicted, this will only get worse.
Most marinas are shutting off their gas today. The constant rise of the lake has compromised the lines that carry fuel from the storage tanks to the gas docks. Only Little Glasses and Eisehower are expected to be selling fuel after today because they have a different fuel to dock configuration. Fuel will be a problem for most boaters.

As of right now, all boat ramps located in marinas are officially shut down. I don't know about the public ramp by the dam. I am unable to find information on it.

Pompano's is officially closed until after the lake subsides. They had planned on moving the festivities to a tent, but with rising lake levels and more rain, that idea is expected to be scrubbed some time today. Carlotta's Cantina WILL BE OPEN over the weekend but be careful if you have to travel under a bridge to get there. The roads to Carlotta's are fine and Bill says he will provide pontoon boats for all boathouse lessors to travel in and out of the marina. He has extended the catwalks to accomodate the high water and expects a good turnout this weekend. It's the only game in town.

All firework shows on the lake have been cancelled until further notice.

Debris is considered a major hazard and all boaters are asked to proceed with caution and only at idle speeds. Night cruising is NOT recommended but if you are out at night please have a large spot light on hand and proceed with the utmost care."
Old 06-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update Andy.

I`ll be at Possum Kingdom.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is/will be the condition of PK now and this week end ?
Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CcanDo
What is/will be the condition of PK now and this week end ?

Last weekend, PK was great. It is definately full, but very little floating debris. I saw one tiny branch floating.
They are getting rain, just like everyone else, but the lake is not flooded, nor will The Brazos River Authority allow it to flood. They will open the gates before the lake is in a flooded stage.
I`ll be there all week.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

You be careful out there on the water Don. I wouldn't take the python out in those waters - she just can't turn that fast if you get up to speed and find a tree in your path.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Registered

im hearing that eagle mountain in ft. worth is flooded the least in the north central texas area...

ill be able to report back in a few hours as that is where i am headed...
Old 06-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

the ramp at the dam on texoma should be completely underwater at this time. if you must launch, highport marina is accessible and always will be.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

I heard yesterday that Highport was already closed. Not from just the high water but also the roads and ramp are tore up. This is from a guy that lives out there.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

does anyone have pics of the high water around highport marina?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I heard from a Buddy this morning. He said Lake Travis has been closed for 2 days. He said another 2 feet and the water will be in his house

Quick Reply: Texoma Flood Report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.