Lake Travis guys....???? >

Lake Travis guys....????

Notices

Lake Travis guys....????

Old 11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEPISTONHEAD
We just visited the lake this weekend and stayed at The Island condos. I must say its a beautiful lake. We hit up Carlos and Charlies and toured the north and south side of the lake to see the housing market. Im ready to move now! We absoulutley loved it.

On a side note.....there is no way in hell I can afford a nice 30ft boat on a police officer salary at first so I may have to tough it out for a few years in something smaller (22-24'). I saw a ton of 18 to 22 ft boats out there this weekend....I know that is only a very very small fraction of the summer traffic though. Time will tell.
If you are going for a smaller boat get the one with the deepest v or deadrise. It will handle the choppy water much better than a shallow flatter bottom boat. I had a 22' Crownline that was great but it only had a 19 degree deadrise and would get hammered in the rough stuff. Try to find a boat with a deadrise around 22 to 24 degrees. There are some great deals out there right now. It is a good time to buy. Good luck and welcome to Texas.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by never enuff
I live in cedar creek. Give me a call--512-303-1261
Jay
Thanks, I would like to do that just to get a perspective on a place I know nothing about. Whens a good time to call?

Im weighing some options between Austin and the suburbs outside of Cleveland, Ohio where my family is. I grew up boating the great lakes. If I go back there me and my brother are going in on a 27 or 29 Fountain. If I do Austin im thinking about a cheap 22 scarab...(already had a 19 scarab that was very suprising) or a 22 Donzi ZX, 24 Fountain or 24 -26 Velocity....maybe a 24 Formula....which is one of the boats I grew up on (solid but not fast). If gas continues to go up I might be able to pick up an even better and bigger boat! I want to make a move and see where I will be working before I buy so it will be a while but I like to do alot of research before jumping in.

I will say that ive been in Texas (Corpus) for just over 3 years now and as soon as I went to the Hill Country for the first time I felt at home! Hopefully I will see you guys out on Travis!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Thanks, I would like to do that just to get a perspective on a place I know nothing about. Whens a good time to call?

Im weighing some options between Austin and the suburbs outside of Cleveland, Ohio where my family is. I grew up boating the great lakes. If I go back there me and my brother are going in on a 27 or 29 Fountain. If I do Austin im thinking about a cheap 22 scarab...(already had a 19 scarab that was very suprising) or a 22 Donzi ZX, 24 Fountain or 24 -26 Velocity....maybe a 24 Formula....which is one of the boats I grew up on (solid but not fast). If gas continues to go up I might be able to pick up an even better and bigger boat! I want to make a move and see where I will be working before I buy so it will be a while but I like to do alot of research before jumping in.

I will say that ive been in Texas (Corpus) for just over 3 years now and as soon as I went to the Hill Country for the first time I felt at home! Hopefully I will see you guys out on Travis!
Any of those boats would be a good choice. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Call anytime.
Jay
Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

On a side note.....there is no way in hell I can afford a nice 30ft boat on a police officer salary at first so I may have to tough it out for a few years in something smaller (22-24'). I saw a ton of 18 to 22 ft boats out there this weekend....I know that is only a very very small fraction of the summer traffic though. Time will tell.
You might be suprised. I make less than a P.D. and just bought a 28 apache.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Well I run the lake in a 19 1/2 ft Checkmate and it does get a little rough at times for me but the other people on my boat think it is going to break at any moment and they are going to drown, especially as we get closer to Devils Cove... Chickens
Try slowing down. Seriously, if your passengers are scared thats a pretty good indication that the captain ain't doing his job.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Try slowing down. Seriously, if your passengers are scared thats a pretty good indication that the captain ain't doing his job.
Exactly
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Im thinking about taking a job with Austin P.D. and was wondering what a good size boat is for Travis with average weekend boat traffic? Im still on the hunt for a 24 fountain but was wondering if a 22ft performance based hull would suffice? Buy the way, im talking stictly performance boats not pleasure boats!

Also is Travis the type of place where you can beach you boat or hang in coves and sleep on your boats over night?

Ive been on Lake Austin and Georgetown but never Travis so any help is appreciatted! Thanks!
Not sure what you are looking for, but I just put my 2005, 25' NORDIC Rage up for sale. It's a mid cabin with a supercharged 540 built by FTM (Bob Lloyd) in it. If you want performance I have the boat for you. I have had it to 96 on GPS and it was still pulling. If you want to see pics go to the NORDIC folder. I have been on Lake Traves a lot and it handles the the lake with no problems.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I own a marine business and have lived on Lake Travis all my life. I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have about the lake, boating, etc. Feel free to give me a call sometime, or stop by the shop. I don't have any boats that really fit your needs at the moment, but being in the business I'm always running across stuff. We're located on Hwy 71 in Spicewood, about 40 miles west of Austin.

Bob Lloyd
Full Throttle Marine
830 6935591

Im thinking about taking a job with Austin P.D. and was wondering what a good size boat is for Travis with average weekend boat traffic? Im still on the hunt for a 24 fountain but was wondering if a 22ft performance based hull would suffice? Buy the way, im talking stictly performance boats not pleasure boats!

Also is Travis the type of place where you can beach you boat or hang in coves and sleep on your boats over night?

Ive been on Lake Austin and Georgetown but never Travis so any help is appreciatted! Thanks!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jay, Have you ever decided on doing anything to your engines? Give me a call. I have something that might be of interest to you.

Bob

Originally Posted by never enuff
I live in cedar creek. Give me a call--512-303-1261
Jay

Quick Reply: Lake Travis guys....????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.