Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule >

LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule

Notices

LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule

Old 02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can anyone tell me if there is any poker runs near corsicana? i have family there in barry, who is also sponsoring my boat, so its a free trip i just need to do the leg work. if anyone can help me it be appreiacted. i just work a lot of hours and dont have the time to investigated and im from buffalo ny thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ---Thunder Cat--
can anyone tell me if there is any poker runs near corsicana? i have family there in barry, who is also sponsoring my boat, so its a free trip i just need to do the leg work. if anyone can help me it be appreiacted. i just work a lot of hours and dont have the time to investigated and im from buffalo ny thanks
Have you considered bringing your family to Austin for the Heatwave? would love to see you there. you can be in an awsome full length DVD. Lake conroe may have a run with TOPPS? Travis may be prettier?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Good News!

The Pre-registration and interest has been awesome!

Bad News!

Although the response has been fantastic the support has been less then supportive!!!!

The cost to do a Run of this magnatude is off the charts between Poker Run/Event Insurance to protect everyone involved including the sponsors and the Helicopter/Video crew etc. I have already spent several Thousand Dollars out of my own pocket and i am not seeing much help Monetarily unfortunatly in the near future from our sponsors that promised to help to be able to continue advertising etc.

One of the perspective sponsors recently decided they would not sponsor the poker run unless they could make money from the participants and be included for free! Not even willing to help pay for the them to be added as additional insured on the policy to protect themselves.

We decided we would pass on their location as a stop as this option is not a possibility with the expenses and we can get support elsewhere. Problem is that Person proceeded to call all our other location stops and tell them they should not sponsor the Poker Run either making it very frustrating and hard to believe this would go on. Bottom line is Greed getting in the way here with one person saying if they can not play for Free then they will cause all the trouble they can and get as many people they can not to support the event.

Unfortunate that something that is for (Kids Charity) and a great run bringing boats from all over the country is borderline on not being able to happen due to This A$$hole! and that establishment.

Bottom line is in order to do things the right way and have the things like Helicopters etc this money does not grow on trees and we need support other then the registrations

I do not want to Cancel this run, but if things do not change with support from our Sponsors and LTPA's involvement I can not afford to continue it out of pocket!

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-22-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ---Thunder Cat--
Cedar Creek Lake is Very close to Corsicana. Check out the events section of the Cedar Creek Powerboat Association
Old 02-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Im going to do something I have Never done Before!!!!!!!

On Sunday after the Poker Runs we usuallly Hire the Helicopter to do a Private Shoot and Additional footage and Pictures. Generally Everyone that wants to attend splits this for cost!

This year for the Texas Heat Wave Poker Run I am going to @ My Own Expense for Our Registrants take care of this Private Shoot.

Be a part of the First Fifty (50) Registered Club. The first Fifty
paid entrants will be identified in the run with a distinctive marker indicating their commitment to the runs success.

First Fifty (50) will meet Sunday Mourning for special photo op and be presented in a seperate/Additional DVD for the group with Photos.

Register Now and Early as they are coming in. This is available to Only the First 50 Paid Registrations!!!!!!!!!!

We will also be Cutting off Registrations at 150 Boats!

Register online at.

www.pokerruntour.com

Texas Heat Wave
Old 02-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IM4A2Z
Cedar Creek Lake is Very close to Corsicana. Check out the events section of the Cedar Creek Powerboat Association
THAS FOR THAT SIGHT I MAY TRY TO GET DOWN THERE FOR THE MAY OR JULY RUNS. I HAVE TWO RUNS TO GO TO HERE IN NEW YORK THE WNY FUN RUN AND THE PIRATES RUN ON SENECA LAKE FOR MORE INFO YOU CAN GO TO WWW.WNYFUNRUN.ORG AND WWW.SENECAPOWERBOATASSOCIATION.COM
Old 02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clay or anyone in the know,
the LTPA usually has a season opener party,
last year was at Johnny Finns,
the party scheduled in May is for the texas heat wave run,
does this mean that LTPA will not have a pre season party ?
Thanks..
Old 02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Thanks..
I will email Steve Webb, the president.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Thanks..
They are having an opening season party the way it looks and I think it is listed on the LTPA website! End of April

http://www.ltpa.net/ltpa/index.php?o...d=44&Itemid=27
Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its just shows the pre season run.
Last year we had an LTPA get together the
day before the pre-season run.
http://www.ltpa.net/ltpa/index.php?o...lery2&catid=14

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 02-24-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: LTPA 2008 Poker Run Schedule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.