Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Visiting Kentucky Lake? >

Visiting Kentucky Lake?

Notices

Visiting Kentucky Lake?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode around on the lake when I was test driving my boat. Beautiful area but like they said, its dry so pick up alcohol before you get there. The Rock Quarry looked like the spot to be in!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recommending staying at Buzzard Rock or Green Turtle bay. I boat dowm there alot and Buzzard has affordable cabins and a BAR, which is important if you drink. It is dry down there so bring plenty beer, etc. Green turtle is really nice and plenty of storage. Hope this helps. Be careful, it can be tricky boating down there if you are not familiar!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey guys, I apprec. all the help! Bags are packed & boat is ready. Looking forward to checking things out. It's been kind of a cool spring up here, so hoping for mid 70's or better! We won't get there until Sat afternoon & stay until next Sat. Look us up if your out. I'll be the guy with an accent!

Attached photo of boat, Dave & Deb 269-267-8191 (cell)

Are restaurants/bars "dry" also? What's the politics behind that? Up here the State would unofficially prefer people drank more, bought smokes and lotto tickets to collect additional sales tax
Attached Thumbnails Visiting Kentucky Lake?-copy-picture-005.jpg  
Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BL6
Hey guys, I apprec. all the help! Bags are packed & boat is ready. Looking forward to checking things out. It's been kind of a cool spring up here, so hoping for mid 70's or better! We won't get there until Sat afternoon & stay until next Sat. Look us up if your out. I'll be the guy with an accent!

Are restaurants/bars "dry" also? What's the politics behind that? Up here the State would unofficially prefer people drank more, bought smokes and lotto tickets to collect additional sales tax
Oh no, no, no....that would make far too much sense for our state/county governments to follow that suit. I live in a dry county and every Friday and Saturday afternoon, it's a steady stream of folks crossing over into Jefferson Co. to get "wet".

The restaurants like Texas Roadhouse in Paducah serve booze, but I'm unsure if there are ANY bars. Maybe in the hotels?

The boat looks great! Have a good time!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 PM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Buzzard Rock has food and alcohol by the drink plus a nice dock , all the other restaurants on the water are pretty much dry...

These are the wettest dry counties you will find....
Old 05-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We slipped at the Moors several yrs ago and loved it.
Did they get rebuilt from the ice storm a couple yrs ago? I seen pics that showed it pretty much devestated.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
We slipped at the Moors several yrs ago and loved it.
Did they get rebuilt from the ice storm a couple yrs ago? I seen pics that showed it pretty much devestated.
Yes they did, the Ice Storm and the Tornado 3 years ago. It's mostly all new and better than ever!!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BL6

Besides Buzzard Rock, if you want to go for a 55 minute ride, you can go to Tenn. a place called Fat Daddy's, from the Dam you'll go south and cross under 2 bridges, when you go under the second bridge take the first big cove to the left, Fat Daddys is at the back of that cove on the right, you can't miss it! they have fuel there to.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:07 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

thnks guys! Hitting the road bright & early tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

we will be rolling in on Friday there will be 6 boats 2 fountains 2 outlaws 1 donzi and 1 sonic. should be at the rock quarry bout 1 or so Friday.

Quick Reply: Visiting Kentucky Lake?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.