Texoma 4th of July Weekend >

Texoma 4th of July Weekend

Notices

Texoma 4th of July Weekend

Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Texoma 4th of July Weekend

We have planned a little informal meet and greet for Friday 7/4 on Lake Texoma at Treasure Island. For those of you not familiar with the lake this is the middle island and not the "party island." See map location #4 . We will be on the Oklahoma side of the island most likely near the center of the beach. I'm planning on getting there by 12'ish and will stay until around 5'ish. I will most likely be at this location Saturday and Sunday as well if you can't make Friday. Look for the arrows (see avatar) and excaliburhawk40's all white 40ft excalibur with bright yellow interior. Anybody planning on coming please post a pic of your boat so I can match the name with a "face" and so other boaters can know what to look for.

Its an open invitation, lurkers welcome. I'm open for suggestions (as long as I don't have to do anything). Its going to be pretty laid back. Please stop by and join us.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 07-24-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

my lady and i will come by and would love to run with you guys for a while... i met excaliburhawk40's last time.
Attached Thumbnails Texoma 4th of July Weekend-apache-17-.jpg  
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Looking foward to it.
Attached Thumbnails Texoma 4th of July Weekend-excalibur-beached.jpg   Texoma 4th of July Weekend-excalibur-018-large-.jpg  
Old 06-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up Matt
i am putting the 42' in the water this weekend to tune up for the 4th at GLOC. me and some friends will be up on Friday the 27th. maybe we will see you there......
Old 06-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me about your Lake

I can not make it for the 4th , will be in Havasu. But can you tell me about Lake Texoma. I am from So. Cal and am starting to look for a place that we can boat and have a vacation house. Can a house be purchased on the lake with a dock for a 36' boat? Also can we water ski on that lake with our other boat? Does the wind blow much? Many restaraunts on the lake? Where is the least crowded part of the lake? How long is the season? Does it snow or freeze there during the winter? How many marina's on the lake and is 91 Octane available? Are holiday weekends crowded? Does the water level vary much through out the season? Any noise laws or speed laws to worry about? How is the real estate market? Would you suggest buying on the oklahoma or Texas side?

If you have the time to answer that would be great.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bripar77
I can not make it for the 4th , will be in Havasu. But can you tell me about Lake Texoma. I am from So. Cal and am starting to look for a place that we can boat and have a vacation house.

Can a house be purchased on the lake with a dock for a 36' boat? Yes, and you will probobly find the prices a lot more attractive than anywhere in CA.

Also can we water ski on that lake with our other boat? YES, lots of places.

Does the wind blow much? Sometimes it gets pretty rough, the most you'll see are 4's, nothing the 36 cat can't handle. We do get wind gust that usually damage atleast one marina a year. I have barely been able to walk outside the lakehouse on some days. Big winds usually happen early fall and early spring

Many restaraunts on the lake? 5-6 restaurants.

Where is the least crowded part of the lake? I would say the Oklahoma side (north side). Tons of coves to hide out in. You can easily "escape." The lake has all natural sand beaches. I've even found white sand beaches off the cliffs.

How long is the season? April thru October, can't swim until memorial day.

Does it snow or freeze there during the winter? It snows, but does not freeze. I see lots of sailboaters in the winter.

How many marina's on the lake and is 91 Octane available? Lots of marina's......alteast 10+

Are holiday weekends crowded? In some places, but nothing like havazoo

Does the water level vary much through out the season? Yes, around 10 ft, but they try to keep a constant level. It came up 22ft during the flood.

Any noise laws or speed laws to worry about? Hell no, I've seen Flash Gordon hit 160+ a couple of times.......and on a busy holiday weekend.

How is the real estate market? I'd suggest the oklahoma side, but I'm biased. Lower property taxes, but less utilities. We have septic and a well, but we do better during droughts. Also not much of a fire station. Most homes will go up in a fire. Real estate market is always good for lakehomes. I've seen a 50% return on the value of our house from 1998

Would you suggest buying on the oklahoma or Texas side?

If you have the time to answer that would be great.
Hope that helps. Arial pic is the party island during memorial day. Not sure if you like fishing, but we have the best natural reproduction of striper in the U.S. and arguably the best striper fishing in the U.S......possibly the world. One of the few lakes you can catch your limit everyday.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 07-24-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 5 Posts

Places to stay other than Tanglewood???
Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Python82
Places to stay other than Tanglewood???
Sent you a PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I have let a few more people know that dont visit the site. I would like to see 5-10 boats run together. Post a pic so we can look for you.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

are you guys planning on leaving to run together about five?

Quick Reply: Texoma 4th of July Weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.