Notices

Texoma BS Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
You still have the cat? Whats in the magnum now? Whats going to run next year?
Cat went to Zastrow, all the parts have been lurking around the classifieds and swap shop, I heard the hull was on ebay. I kept the engines. One has a busted piston. Been that way since the day I bought it. Amazing how great it still ran anyway.

I still have the Magnum. She is between engines now. Not sure how I want to put her together yet, but I am going to have to get started pretty soon. I overheated that oragne engine just enough to stick a couple valves. I might fix it, or build something else.

Looking at a couple other boats. I really want another 38 just for the comfort level. But unless something really cool and cheap turns up, probably not going to happen. Just have to make do with the Magnum all season. There are worse things.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
hey matt

show us some pics of your progress... anything planned for paint or wrap this year??
I didnt take any pictures. Andy did a great and offered a lot of help. He got the fuel tanks cleaned, waxed the hull sides, and changed the anchor light fluid.

I cant decide what I am going to do with it. The only thing I am sure about is that it will get some stuctural work in the nose. Other than that, it just depends on how much money I feel like throwing away.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperfitness1
well come help me then too!!!

ive got a parts washer that is backed up with parts to be washed. i will show you how...

ill be waiting for your call
LOL, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Just let me know when is a good time. Most all my weekends are full or christmas parties from now until christmas, but I should have the time after that. I'd really like to be around when you take apart the dash too. I need to replace my drive indicators, add a new trim tab indicator - which will require some cutting on the dash, and add some new oil temp gauges.
Attached Thumbnails Texoma BS Thread-img_0595-large-.jpg  
Old 12-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Registered

I didnt take any pictures. Andy did a great and offered a lot of help. He got the fuel tanks cleaned, waxed the hull sides, and changed the anchor light fluid.

I cant decide what I am going to do with it. The only thing I am sure about is that it will get some stuctural work in the nose. Other than that, it just depends on how much money I feel like throwing away.
LOL,

Thanks. That was fun, give me a shout when the bearings get fixed I'd like to see how it all gets put back together.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

He got the fuel tanks cleaned, waxed the hull sides, and changed the anchor light fluid.

LOL!!! i woulda had him bleed the sound out of the exhaust first. did you forget that step?!?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
LOL, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Just let me know when is a good time. Most all my weekends are full or christmas parties from now until christmas, but I should have the time after that. I'd really like to be around when you take apart the dash too. I need to replace my drive indicators, add a new trim tab indicator - which will require some cutting on the dash, and add some new oil temp gauges.
i will!!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by daredevil
Hey ,Andy,,,,,,,,you gonna come down to FL. to help me ?????LOL

Since the other Andy is to bussy ,and lazy .
ME LAZY?!?!!?

your the one who needs to get a fukin job!! how can you call me lazy when i work circles around you every hour of the day. oh wait i forgot you think you are worth more than anyone will pay!!!!! OOOHHHHHH YES I DID!! DID I JUST SAY THAT??? YEP!!!!

hey friend, if you can afford to ship that motor to nc you should be able to buy me a new back plate then right??
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Anybody going to be around Texoma for new years? Going to do a little work on the boat on Thursday.

Closed on my first house last night. Great way to start off the new year.

Happy New Years everyone.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I was there today messing around. Congrats on the house. HNY
Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Did my first DIY boat repair over the weekend. Had some shifter problems and pulled the spring/ball/clyinder thingy that engages the cone clutch. One was pretty locked up with gunk. Pretty fun working on the boat myself. The oil on the starboard side was significantly more dirtier than the port side......like black. I hope I don't have a bigger problem hiding.

Hey Daredevil - how are you doing? Everything allright? I saw you had your boat for sale as well as a 28 manta. That 28 looks sick. I've never even seen a 28 manta before previous to you posting picks of it.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 01-07-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Texoma BS Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.