Ticfaw Poker Run Dates

Notices

Ticfaw Poker Run Dates

Old 04-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ticfaw Poker Run Dates

Hi, Just wondering what the dates are for this years run and what the card stops are typically. One more question, I know conditions can vary greatly but could it be done in a 26' boat I have family in the area and would like to do a little "Springtime" boating! Thanks, Steve
Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve, the date is May 2nd but there is something going on all weekend. Sign up parties are Wednesday and Thursday at local watering holes, Friday night is a party at Crazy Charlie's Funhouse and then the run on saturday the 2nd.

Can you do it in a 26 footer? Sure as long as Lakes Ponchartrain and Maurepas cooperate. However, if you get across the lakes and then the weather blows up you're gonna be in a bind getting back. Hope you get to make it. You can check out Charlie's website for more details at
www.dundeeproductions.com
Old 04-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Croozin2, Thanks for the link for the run! I know conditions will dictate, maybe the wind gods will take pity on the little guys that day! Looks like a good time Steve
Old 04-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, you'll do fine in a 26. I've crossed the lakes many times in rough water in a 27' Baja. Even if the wind comes up its not that far to get back across and you're only skirting the edge of the lake. There will be a ton of people doing the run in Baja 25 Outlaws and similar boats.