Thinking about moving to Texas >

Thinking about moving to Texas

Notices

Thinking about moving to Texas

Old 01-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I've been to lake Travis when there was no water because of the drout, but not on a boat. .
So youve never actually been on Lake Travis yet you call the people here a bunch of drunks?
Jet skis are not allowed on certain days in Lake Austin not Lake Travis.
There is a party cove but there are also hundreds of other coves to go to on the 60mile long lake. Cow creek for example is much more of a family cove.
There has never been "no water" in Lake Travis, even when it was at a record low a few months ago the lake was over 150ft deep in the channel and there was still over 25ft under my boat in its slip right next to the shore.
We ran our poker runs as usual all last year and there was enough water for boats like this 50ft 140mph Nortech cat
LTPA poker run 9/2309
http://www.lakepirateforums.com/uplo...image5_771.jpg
that boat came from dallas to run in our Poker run and was launched at a ramp by the way.
There were plenty of ramps open with no wait but most are private or pay ramps. The free ones get crowded because state of texas and travis county are too cheap to extend them so they close most of them leaving only Mansfield Dam as the only open public ramp.
My marinas ramp never closed.
When lake is down a bit we have a huge sandy beach that wraps around Point Venture, probably where thye will hold Aquapalooza this year. Pace Bend park also has a beach.
As for rafting up I have NEVER been on any lake or ocean (Im from Miami originally)
where people dont raft up(tie-up together) at popular spots , and you cant find freindlier people than here in Austin.

I know everyone has different tastes and if you dont like Travis that is fine, but dont go talking trash about something you personally know nothing about..

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 01-29-2010 at 05:54 PM.