Dallas FtWorth area info >

Dallas FtWorth area info

Notices

Dallas FtWorth area info

Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dallas FtWorth area info

I'm moving my daughter to FtWorth next weekend and going to hang out w/her for a few days to settle her in and check out the area.

I know I'll be returning often for visits in the future and next time will be towing the boat instead of the race trailer full of furnature. Calling this a scouting trip.

I've been checking out Lake Grapevine and Lewisville and plan to spend a day/night at each in an RV park on the water.

Spending the first night on lake Benbrook as it's very near her new house.

Any suggestions on must see/do places? Better lakes in the area? Will be coming from/going to Ohio. Thinking about stopping by LOTO or Land between the lakes on the way home. Will be there on the 27th for several days and don't HAVE to be back until Oct 2-3rd.

Thanks in advance!
Mark
Old 09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Try and see Lake Texoma.

I work in Fort Worth. Couple of places to see in FW - sundance square, stockyards, Joe T Garcias, The Point at Lake Worth, Billy Bob's, tour the Miller plant. Look for local events. Sundance Square is having a "Ranch Bash" http://www.sundancesquare.com/events..._Returns!.aspx on the 31st. Looks like some good singers. Probobly the best taste of Fort Worth you will see. They basically take over a portion of downtown FW for an all day concert. Fort Worth Weekly also advertises the local events http://www.fwweekly.com/

Local lakes - Benbrook (tiny), Lake Worth, Eagle Mountain Lake, Lake Lewisville, Lake Ray Hubbard. None really come close to Texoma.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply!
I'll check those links out. Texoma is on my list for when I come back w/the boat too. Looks like a great place.
Benbrook is less than 10 miles from my daughter's new place. Will be handy for settling her in. Flying her sister home from DFW Tuesday so figuring on the Vinyards on Grapevine that day and Lewisville the next.

Maybe rent a boat one of those 2 days
Thanks for the reply and maybe we'll see ya on Texoma next spring.
Mark
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

I live in S. Fort Worth, not for from Andy (TexomaPB) and probably close to your daughter (my wife teaches in Benbrook). Benbrook is small, but ok to just go out for a quick spin. My buddy takes his Donzi classic there all the time. I keep my boat on Eagle Mnt Lake just on the north west of FT. Worth. Great lake, but if you are pulling your boat with an RV, not the best to try and launch. If you wanted to check it out, I could met you with my truck. Plus they only have one RV park on the west side that is only so-so. Good thing about EM, we have 4 restaurants on the lake. At this time of year, it is kind of dead, but you will see the hardcord, post Labor day boaters out on the weekends still. We might be out next Sunday (9-27) Lake Lewisville also dies down after Labor day. A

Another lake to look into going to is Lake Granbury. It is long and a cool place to visit, but be careful of tree stumps.

PM with your number if you are in town.

Stephen
Old 09-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

I'll be getting in town Sunday afternoon and unloading her stuff. Prolly dead tire from 2 days driving. Thanks so much for the offer. We won't have the boat this trip.

Daughter is going to be on the SW side of town on Campus.

I'll PM my number.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-03-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the info everyone. Just back from a week on tour.
LOTO first night, Benbrook, Lake Worth, Eagle Mt, Grapevine, Lake Lewisville in TX Also a drive by of Texoma. Then DeGray in Arkansas and Land Between the Lakes in KY. Plus a couple other drive bys.

Thanks again!
mark

Eagle MT was very nice. We ate lunch at the marina by the dam on the deck. We'll be back w/boat soon.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you had a good time. Was it the Mexican place that you ate at on EM? If so, that is where I keep my boat. The food is good for mexican lake food. I didnt get a PM from you, send me one next time you are in town.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Registered

We didn't get in town till Sunday evening and figured you'd be off the lake by then. I'll be sure to hook up with you next trip when I have the boat!

We ate on the deck. It's right at the dam with a large marina. They have a small stage and dock for visiting boats. A little beach and playground too I think. Very nice place!

Meet you there this spring!
Thank for pointing this lake out as it wasn't on my original "must see" list.

Mark