Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Running parts of the Ohio River this year. Anyone want to join? >

Running parts of the Ohio River this year. Anyone want to join?

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to start a series that would run a good part of the ohio river over the next several years. This year my first run will be from Owensboro, KY to Louisville, KY. I have a friends there who owns a hoping night club and I can get us a VIP table if anyone wishes to join. The total trip by water is about 120miles and there are some good party spots to stop along the way. Didn't know if anyone might be interested in the adventures.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great time, but I am about an hour north of Lawernceburg,IN.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

kyboy, I'm just north of Louisville by river, and venture down that way regularly. Let me know when you come up. Are you going to lock through? I would recommend it. There's a pretty good party spot behind 6 mile island. Looks like you're running the KY Lake Poker run too. I'll be down on Thursday morning. It's a good time. Hope to see you there.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a group of about 15 or so boats that make a run from cincinnati to louisville the 3rd weekend in september. We leave saturday morning and dock our boats at the public docks and check into the gult house, go to 4th street and party till all hours of the night then get up and come home sunday morning. This is probablly my favorite trip of the year.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I will let you guys know. We are really looking forwArd to this trip. I kind of enjoy the whole history aspect of traveling down the rivers that our cities were founded off of. We will be locking through several times so one more won't hurt! Lol
Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Registered

Hey KYBOY, Keep me posted and we may get some of our bunch from Eville to go. We do several trips to the lake through the year. Also have you been on the shrimp fest (Golconda) run? Now that is a PARTY!! Look us up if you get down to evansville,We go below Henderson on Deadman island or a beach nearby.