Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
tickfaw area weekend thread >

tickfaw area weekend thread

Notices

tickfaw area weekend thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just reminding everyone about our poker run on the Ouachita River in and around Monroe on July 14. It's 3 1/2 hours from Hammond up I-55, 4 hours fron Slidell up I-59 to Hattiesburg and over, and 3 hours from Baton Rouge.

It is an easy run to navigate (very little chance of screwing up your boat), it's somewhere you haven't been, the payout is good (100% of all entry fees at $20 a hand), and it is for a great cause - our Rotary club does a lot for the local food bank. This isn't a bunch of fast food or microwave dinners - it is food that has to be prepared and makes healthy meals, and it is given out to needy FAMILIES.

If some of you guys that are interested in coming will let me know how many boats/trucks are coming, I will try to make sure the host hotel has security - not that you'd need it around here.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

This year's run is June the 8th. Some of you guys should try to come up. Racer-X6 is coming and another friend from down there. Shooting for a $2000 payout this year.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Video a friend made of the run:

http://www.magisto.com/video/aQNDawRTQ2liZU5mAQ==