Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    '00 45 Sonic

Anyone live in Nashville, TN?

I am visiting next week for a conference and wondered if anyone would be around. I am staying at the Gaylord Opryland.

Cheers!
    Patti

VIP Member VIP Member gofastlvr's Avatar
    My Boats:
    MTI 40RP and Sea Ray 540DA
    I live just north of Nashville in Gallatin, TN. When you coming in? I don't know if anything special is going on around town but I can sure let you know what is happening and where to go to get food, drinks, good times, live music, just about anything you might want to do! just PM me for details.

My Boats:
    2002 31SS Sonic
    Post down on the MCPA section. That is where all the nashville people look at. Hope you have a good time here.

Registered
    My Boats:
    Donzi 87 22c limited edition 20 CIGARETTE
    Quote Originally Posted by exmark31 View Post
    Post down on the MCPA section. That is where all the nashville people look at. Hope you have a good time here.
    Is that you Kory.

My Boats:
    2002 31SS Sonic
    Yep is this mike

Registered
    My Boats:
    Donzi 87 22c limited edition 20 CIGARETTE
    Yep see you at the lake.

Registered
    My Boats:
    290 Enticer FX
    They evacuated the entire Opryland complex last night and moved everyone to a large high school. Heard that they cancelled a conference with 5,000 people. Hope you heard before you made it into this mess................

My Boats:
    '00 45 Sonic
    Never got a chance to check into the Gaylord. Had my bags in a friends room. Got all but one bag out as they evacuated us. Found a friend with car and found a room at the
    Holiday Inn Express off of I-65 exit 97. At least I didn't have to sleep on a gym floor of a high school. Had a hot shower this morning, got the rest of our bags from the Gaylord and have a flight out of here in the morning. Pictures on the local news are right on. The entire first floor of the Gaylord is under water. It was already starting to smell of must and mold when we got our luggage. What a nightmare. Can't wait to get home.

Registered
    My Boats:
    290 Enticer FX
    Quote Originally Posted by 45sonic View Post
    Never got a chance to check into the Gaylord. Had my bags in a friends room. Got all but one bag out as they evacuated us. Found a friend with car and found a room at the
    Holiday Inn Express off of I-65 exit 97. At least I didn't have to sleep on a gym floor of a high school. Had a hot shower this morning, got the rest of our bags from the Gaylord and have a flight out of here in the morning. Pictures on the local news are right on. The entire first floor of the Gaylord is under water. It was already starting to smell of must and mold when we got our luggage. What a nightmare. Can't wait to get home.
    That's a shame.........wish I had known. I think I could have rescued a fellow boater and made the experience a little more tolerable. I assumed you didn't make the trip. The weather reports all last week predicted torrential rains over the weekend. Amounts exceeded all recorded totals. Nashville and entire middle TN will have a long road ahead recovering from this. Sorry your stay here was ruined.

My Boats:
    '00 45 Sonic
    Thanks, AngerMgmt. The Gaylord was still claiming that the two conferences were going to happen until the last minute when they told everyone to leave. I don't think anyone had a clue that the river would rise this much. I feel so bad for all the employees at the Gaylord, however, they did say that all will stay on the payroll. At least I was with a few friends and had a place to stay. Leaving in a few hours. Hopefully, I will be able to get back here to see some of the music scene and the sites of Nashville after the clean up.

Patti