Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Noise level law passed ,will include Devils Cove and the Sandy Creek arm of Travis >

Noise level law passed ,will include Devils Cove and the Sandy Creek arm of Travis

Notices

Noise level law passed ,will include Devils Cove and the Sandy Creek arm of Travis

Old 07-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

poker run will not be in that area and so far they havent hassled boats over exhaust , yet..

I run Drakes with water not mixing till transom,doesnt even get a look around here .
Ill be on the run as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The DukeHD
After reading this, I want to know what the muffler law is gonna be like. I don't have them and my boat is dry piped so it is not quiet. At night I usually only start one motor to pull out of a bar however I just want some heads up on what Travis will be like this weekend for the Poker run. Thx
Mine is not quiet, but no where as loud as some others. I have been all over Travis the last 10 days. I have passed every law department that covers the lake. I have not seen or heard of anyone getting stopped over the exhaust.

I talked to a guy in the marina last week that said when he was in Devil's Cove he was approched by the law and asked to turn his stereo down. When I was there I did not have to turn my stereo on due to all of the loud ones.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Registered

Well that's what I like to hear. I will be there all weekend, boat is going in the water Thursday evening until Sunday so I guess we will find out.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys have some pics so I know who to say Hi to?

This is me..
http://www.damncarrera.com/sig3.jpg
Hard to miss.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here is mine....
Attached Thumbnails Noise level law passed ,will include Devils Cove and the Sandy Creek arm of Travis-cimg1663_resize.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatman22
Here is mine....
are those meatballls on the side of your boat????
Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info on this thread regarding stereo noise at Devils Cove. The wife and I boat Travis 3-4 times a year and usually end up checking out "the cove" to see what's up. I used to be in a band and play rock music but this new sh*t they call music like "pus*y control", or " my neck, my back, kiss my pus*y and my crack" is not music it's just trash. Its typically also got the dreaded "N" word (oh horror of horrors) all through it along with non stop degrading sexual inuendo. I am not a prude and the first time I heard some of those "songs" they kinda made me chuckle but by the 5th or 6th time I had heard them it was enough and I cannot imagine the homeowners trying to entertain friends or let children play outside and live in those expensive homes and hear that crap ALL summer long, sunup to sun down, and worse on holidays and weekends. So giving the officers a little discretion is probably a good idea and may make the place a little more pleasant.

By the way, turn off your Captain's call and blast off. Now that's what boating in Travis is all about!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigandy
are those meatballls on the side of your boat????
Flying meatballs.....
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
You guys have some pics so I know who to say Hi to?

This is me..
http://www.damncarrera.com/sig3.jpg
Hard to miss.
Here I am:

And as for the D-bag ski boat guys, I wish the police had shut them down at aquapalooza, a bunch of morons jammed their musics all afternoon while the opening bands were playing then when brad paisley came on finally shut it down and left. How are you going to come to a concert and play your own music so loud you can't hear the main stage, then leave when the music starts....f-ing mororns
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatman22
Flying meatballs.....
...and spagetti-o's too!

BTW, where is that pic from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.