Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1994 Cigarette Top Gun

Lake of the Ozarks, ???

My wife and I want to go to the Lake of the Ozarks. We have never been there. Where is a great place to stay? Where is the best bar, food, etc. There seems that there is a lot to do there. I will only have 2 full days, so I don't want to waste my time doing or going to the wrong place. I am going to rent a boat for this trip. If I like the lake, I'll bring my 38 foot Cigarette next time. I also need to check out what boat launch to use if I bring my boat. Any advise or information would be helpful.

Look a couple of sections above. There is a Midwest/LOTO section.

I have always stayed at Tan Tar A and launched my 40 from there. There are tons of good bars. Just take off and run the shore line.

As rough as that lake gets, I recomend taking your Cig the first time. A rental boat would not allow you to see the lake the way that the cig would.

VIP Member VIP Member Alpha Tango's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2012 Cigarette Top Sport / 2009 Formula 45
    I agree take your boat. You'll want the speed and size. Just got back from Support Our Troops Poker Run at Loto, great place ! Tan Tara centrally located. Too many great places to listed. Make Party Cove Mile Marker 21 ! Make suer you have GPS easy to get lost if you haven't been

My Boats:
    1997 Cig Kevlar - powered by Boyd
    Visit midwestboatparty.com. party cove is actually the 4 mm of the grand glaize arm. Put your boat in at public beach 2 best ramp at the lake by far. Unlimited options for loging or rent a slip at pb2 and stay on the boat. Condo rentals are most popular. You can try vrbo.com.