Notices

Texoma-Travis

Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texoma-Travis

I have a week in May. Which would you choose,Travis or Texoma. Borrowing friends 25 foot Searay. Looking for clean clear water,boat up bars,and good party cove. Saw a few pictures,but nuttin like local knowledge.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MYSTICSUN
,boat up bars,and good party cove.
that spells Lake Travis
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Another vote for Lake Travis!
Jay
Old 02-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by never enuff
Another vote for Lake Travis!
Jay
TRAVIS!

Jay - where you been? You and Barb need to come out to our lakehouse. I have a sewing project for Barb too!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Texoma. Only thing Travis has over Texoma are gay nude beaches and bars. Texoma does have boat up bars, they just don't party down like Austin.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Texoma. Only thing Travis has over Texoma are gay nude beaches and bars. Texoma does have boat up bars, they just don't party down like Austin.
Looking for clean clear water
Last time I was at Texmona the water was not as clean & clear as Travis. Travis does not get going until the weekends. During the week there are not many boats on the water. Come Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon, & Sunday afternoon are a diffferent story. You can boat up to a different bar every day.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Texoma does have boat up bars, they just don't party down like Austin.
Sounds like a vote for Travis to me!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Lake Travis is super clear and there are a lot of boats on the water. Too many for my taste. I may be getting my lakes confused, but I thought Lake Travis does not allow jet ski's on certain days because it is too crowded. I would love to go to Lake Travis as long as it's not in my boat. I checked out the boat launch by the dam and . It looks like a 40 degree slope and there is not much room for a 38 foot Cigarette Top Gun on a trailer to navigate at the boat launch, plus parking issues. If I ever make the effort to go to Lake Travis, I guess I better be at the boat launch at 4:00am.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I may be getting my lakes confused, but I thought Lake Travis does not allow jet ski's on certain days because it is too crowded. I would love to go to Lake Travis as long as it's not in my boat. I checked out the boat launch by the dam and . It looks like a 40 degree slope and there is not much room for a 38 foot Cigarette Top Gun on a trailer to navigate at the boat launch, plus parking issues. If I ever make the effort to go to Lake Travis, I guess I better be at the boat launch at 4:00am.
You're referring to Lake Austin on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day - No personal watercraft.

As for the ramp at Mansfield Dam - people launch 38ft + boats there all the time. You may put a tire on the curb, but it's really a non-issue.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

The "clean clear water" is a catch 22. Texoma's water is not as clear because it has natural sand beaches. That should not be a deterant. Most of our partying is done on the beach at the islands, not at the bar; for obvious reasons.
Attached Thumbnails Texoma-Travis-img_4566.jpg   Texoma-Travis-img_3773.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.