Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Boaters needed new wake zone blood river!!!! >

Boaters needed new wake zone blood river!!!!

Notices

Boaters needed new wake zone blood river!!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Boaters needed new wake zone blood river!!!!

Support need to stop an extention of the wake zone on blood rive. Bruse harber is trying to extend the no wake past dead mans cruve. The water way comity says it does not fit the rules but was tabled untill the 24 at 6pm at the livistion chamber. It will
Be the longest wake zone almost 3 miles
Old 03-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That will kill Warsaw's business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie will roll over in his grave!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could help, but yeah, that will KILL any business north of it, and will likely decrease property values, because all of those properties will be 45 minutes further from the open water.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Here are some links for info

Official site
http://www.livingstonparishcouncil.com/

Site ran by Outside people
http://livingstonparishcouncil.info/

The video of the last meeting
http://vimeo.com/20934625

More links
http://www.livingstonparishcouncil.info/

This was writte by a buddy of mine on his local boating web site
Tonight the council seemed prepared to force an extended no wake zone to 3000 ft on boaters of this parish. Citizens of the parish that opposed the extension filled the council’s chamber and took turns speaking. I personally do not support the wake zone. I'm a boat owner*with a camp on Blind River and I think that there are too many unnecessary no wake zones already. The parish has criteria in place for no wake zones. The area in question tonight did not meet the criteria. The council voted to defer this item until the next meeting. Jimmy McCoy and Thomas Watson voted against deferring and wanted the item to be voted on tonight. I don't know why Jimmie McCoy tried so hard to get this no wake zone passed tonight. He seemed upset that it was deferred and his support of the no wake zone was obvious. The council needs to follow their own ordinance regardless of who is asking them to bend the rules. Councilmen from Watson and Walker don't need to be forcing no wake zones on boaters in another district.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Registered

Casey - I know it sounds backwards, but get the ppl from Warsaw and contact y'all's legislators and work down. There is a land owner trying to get it done, and you need to go over his head and crush it from the top down. Legislators listen to voters, so the more you have the better. Might even get input from DWF. Unfortunately, your area is considered the most dangerous in the state for recreational boaters. Try to stress how many ppl are boating there compared to the # of incidents.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:53 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Wildlife as already said there is no reason for the zone, and also there has never been a report filed in the 3000 foot add on to the wake zone. Also that includes dead mans curve!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by caseyh
Wildlife as already said there is no reason for the zone, and also there has never been a report filed in the 3000 foot add on to the wake zone. Also that includes dead mans curve!
Get it in writing and submit it to the council... Nothing counts if it isn't in writing.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, business owners will caryy the biggest stick for fighting it.....