First timer to cumberland ??s >

First timer to cumberland ??s

Notices

First timer to cumberland ??s

Old 05-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First timer to cumberland ??s

I will be heading down to Cumberland for Memorial weekend. looking for suggestions on best place to launch a 38. also any good bars and resturants on the water? any have overnite dockage?

Thanks

Scott
Old 05-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SLAZARZ
I will be heading down to Cumberland for Memorial weekend. looking for suggestions on best place to launch a 38. also any good bars and resturants on the water? any have overnite dockage?

Thanks

Scott
State Dock and Conley Bottom are both great ramps wth plenty of access/parking. of the two i would prefer Conley Bottom for launching. its on the eastern side of the lake, great campground and central location. Sulley's in Somerset KY is the restauraunt and bar to hit, especially on the eastern side, and its just a short ride form Conley.

the State Dock in Jamestown KY is the place to to go if you like to party....most of the area surrounding lake cumberland is "dry" and undeveloped.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Scott, Cumberland State Park, and the dam, are both great ramps to launch your boat. Both, are on the west end of the lake. Jamestown Marina, is the only marina, that has a restaurant, right on the water (west end of the lake), across from the State Dock. State Dock has a small restaurant, sandwiches, pizza, etc.,. Lee's Ford Marina (east end of the lake), has a nice restaurant, only one on the lake that has alcohol, you can park your boat, and either walk up the hill to the restaurant, (it's a pretty good walk), or they will shuttle you. Most of the marina's have overnight dockage. I launch my boat, a Formula 353 in the park all the time. Look us up, if you want, we will be down, everyone is always welcome. Good luck !. Larry

Last edited by 427 larry; 05-16-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info!! made a reservation at Jamestown, we will be rolling in from Mi early Friday. Hopefully we get some good weather!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Registered

Smile

We'll be getting on the water Friday. We will have a slip at the State Dock. Name of our boat is " Dancing Bare". I hope, like you, that we will have some good weather, but if not, we will still enjoy ourselves !. Welcome to our lake !.