Lake Travis Lake Level

Notices

Lake Travis Lake Level

Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Griswald
Highland Lakes Marina has a good ramp and minimal traffic
That's where I have my boat and I'd agree with that.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta
Jim,
You shouldn't have anything to worry about. Most of the areas you have to watch out for are already out of the water. That and you can follow us too!
Chris, cool. I am trying to re-schedule some stuff so I can still go. My plan is to get there Thursday so I can get us some dock space. Hopefully I will get and open space and we can tie up side to side if needed and walk across the boats to the dock.
I have my boat at Tom's (TMR) right now. I lost part of my sunpad on Sam Rayburn last weekend (rough water 20-25mph winds) it flew off while I was haulin down the lake I guess. I also have to get my trailer brakes serviced. When I pulled into TMR they were smoking and one tire had grease slung all over it. The one good thing is the old cassette deck stereo is coming out and the new stereo with internal IPOD hookup will be in.

Last edited by rgrgoog; 06-22-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Lake Travis has its poker run coming up in about 1 month. I just wanted to hear from the boaters at Travis about the water levels and the situation there.
Is the Lake safe to navigate by a boater with some common sense and a lake map who has never been there before?
Any other good info you can pass along about safely boating the lake when it is low.
I was up there last weekend and water level wise it is about 30-35ft down. Not sure if that helps. Just use your best judgment
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

We are in it every weekend around the 23 mile marker running both directions on it. It is low , but if you have any sense you can see where to stay away from. Now we only have a 65mph boat so maybe when your doing 90 it's a different story. Hopefully it'll be a slower w/e , have never seen so many awful boaters and plain ol' complete lack of respect for others as here lately.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

We were there all last week having low key vacation. It is low but do able. some jet ski'ers sit on the seat and lose their brian!!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

The biggest problem with Travis right now is launching, finding a ramp and being careful moving right after launch. As far as being on the lake, if you stick to the middle, you are in great shape in most places. It's a pretty deep lake.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

What a weekend on the water. I'm beat down.

However, boat is running flawless and needs more gas. Still have one ride left to the ramp today. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered

As the lake level drops....be cautious of others and keep track of everyone on your boat.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/b...in-lake-travis

I worked w/this guy just before he left for his JD/MBA.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered

i hope theres still enough water left so when i get home i can use my boat..
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by high bid
As the lake level drops....be cautious of others and keep track of everyone on your boat.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/b...in-lake-travis

I worked w/this guy just before he left for his JD/MBA.
They are cracking down on the cove now supposedly

Yes, boating is a team sport, everyone has got to be paying attention. I get really annoyed with people on my boat who are oblivious to their surroundings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.