Notices

hull blue printing

Old 07-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hull blue printing

Does anyone know of a place in central tx to get their hulls fixed? I have been reading alot about "hooks" in the hulls of boats and how it can really affect performance and handling. while i dont know if i have anything wrong with mine, id like to have someone look at it since when I get it to 65 it tends to be a wild ride.

Last edited by boatntrkr; 07-10-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd first check the hull w/a straight edge. Use a 6' level run it along the hull to see if it's its hooked or consistently flat.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Be careful and get several opinions before tinkering with your hull. We did it a bunch when racing outboards but we were dealing with small, lightweight (450lbs) boats. Some larger hulls may have been purposely designed with somewhat of a "hook" to affect planing and handling characteristics. Making the bottom completely straight can make them a very wicked handling ride. Very hard to drive. Just do your homework.