Two Cocks Fight on Texoma >

Two Cocks Fight on Texoma

Notices

Two Cocks Fight on Texoma

Old 07-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Cocks Fight on Texoma

I was coming out ot Soldier Creek Saturday (7/9) motoring next to the Two Cocks Offshore race team in the no-wake... http://twococksfightapparel.com/race-team-2 , http://twococksfightapparel.com/race-team-2 . Afer we cleared the no-wake zone these guys took off and in 2 or 3 minutes they were gone...out of sight. They headed North around Wa-shi-ta Point (2 rivers). This is a 40' Fountain built by Skater and it was f***ing awesome. Just wondering if anyone knows where they were headed? Note: I had to put the -'s in Wa shi ta because OSO kept doing this...Wa****a ...the editor must think Wa-shi-ta is a dirty word!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck27
I was coming out ot Soldier Creek Saturday (7/9) motoring next to the Two Cocks Offshore race team in the no-wake... http://twococksfightapparel.com/race-team-2 , http://twococksfightapparel.com/race-team-2 . Afer we cleared the no-wake zone these guys took off and in 2 or 3 minutes they were gone...out of sight. They headed North around Wa-shi-ta Point (2 rivers). This is a 40' Fountain built by Skater and it was f***ing awesome. Just wondering if anyone knows where they were headed? Note: I had to put the -'s in Wa shi ta because OSO kept doing this...Wa****a ...the editor must think Wa-shi-ta is a dirty word!
Well, the correct spelling IS Ouachita, anyway. LOL Maybe OSO just can't stand to see you Oklahoma folks butcher Indian names. After all, I hear IB is run by Indians! LOL
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Default X-Rated30

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Well, the correct spelling IS Ouachita, anyway. LOL Maybe OSO just can't stand to see you Oklahoma folks butcher Indian names. After all, I hear IB is run by Indians! LOL
Before you start ragging on people...you should check your facts! However, I can understand why you're confused. The 2 rivers are pronounced the same, but have different spellings. The Ouachita you refer to, of course originates in Arkansas and flows into Louisiana and the Wahita I refered to originates in the Texas panhandle and flows into Oklahoma and ends in Lake Texoma where it meets the Red River. Just thought you should know before you start giving more spelling lessons.LOL
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered

LOL - I know that. My point was that the State of Oklahoma spells it wrong!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
LOL - I know that. My point was that the State of Oklahoma spells it wrong!
LOL...granted "Wa****a" is a corrupt speling of "Ouachita", but Oklahoma wasn't even a territory when it happened. Pardon the short history lesson, but the Choctaw used to go on "owa chito" or "big hunts" for bison. When the bison became scarce along the original "big hunt" area along the Ouachita River they moved the "big hunt" west to the Red River valley and Wa****a River. The early French exporers used the Choctaw words "owa chito" to name the Ouachita and the Wa****a "Faux Ouachita" to distinguish it from the Ouachita. The early english speaking people (probably settlers from Louisiana) called it the "False Wichita" using the corrupt spelling. At this point in time Oklahoma wasn't even a territory. Wishing you a great time at the lake...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

LOL...granted "Wa****a" is a corrupt speling of "Ouachita", but Oklahoma wasn't even a territory when it happened. Pardon the short history lesson, but the Choctaw used to go on "owa chito" or "big hunts" for bison. When the bison became scarce along the original "big hunt" area along the Ouachita River they moved the "big hunt" west to the Red River valley and Wa****a River. The early French exporers used the Choctaw words "owa chito" to name the Ouachita and the Wa****a "Faux Ouachita" to distinguish it from the Ouachita. The early english speaking people (probably settlers from Louisiana) called it the "False Wichita" using the corrupt spelling. At this point in time Oklahoma wasn't even a territory. Wishing you a great time at the lake...
I'm dying to hit Texoma one weekend, but just haven't gotten around to it!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

The early english speaking people (probably settlers from Louisiana)...
Are you kidding? I went to law school with a dude who's grandparents could speak anything BUT French!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

thanks thunderstruck! im pretty sure i remember your boat beside us last saturday. the skater/fountain was running really well and we were just doing some fine tuning on the setup... i also love texoma

see you soon!

this thread is quiet the history lesson LOL
Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting history. Good info on the spelling lesson. Who is Two Cox anyway?
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 116 Likes on 64 Posts

Andy, where is No Reservations at these days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.