Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

Houston/Seabrook, TX favor request

Alright guys, who wants to take a free joyride in Seabrook? I found a 1995 Baja 272 Islander for sale but being in Michigan makes it awfully hard to just swing over to check it out. I can pass along more details to whoever can go look at it. Or if anyone can recommend a good surveyor then I wouldn't be opposed to going that route either. Owner is probably close to inline with price on it and has massive amounts of records on the thing. Rebuilt 454 MAG in 2004, has about 200 hours on the rebuild. Claims it to be a 60mph boat, maybe even touch 62-63. Pictures make it seem pretty clean, but I can't really see the details from 1200 miles away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Social Distortion Gold Member wstultz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    26 Sutphen, TOPPS Lake Conroe
    Kevin,

If you're looking for a local surveyor that I've use a few times and is very thorough, use Dave Lindsey. (832)618-9714. He is reasonably priced as well.
    "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

Registered
    Thank you for that. I will give him a call and see what this is going to cost me. Shipping it up to Michigan is going to be just as cheap a me coming down there and way more convenient without having to be stuck in a truck for several days. The pictures are looking good that he sent me but those never tell the whole truth.

Registered
    My Boats:
    36/ Outlaw
    KKoepp31
    I live in Baytown, about 15 or 20 miles from seabrook. I can go tomorrow to look at it if you would like. Send pic's and where to look and whi has it and I will swing by tomorrow.
    email visualcontact@verizon.net

Registered
    My Boats:
    99 Fountain 27' Fever
    I live in League City, I'm right on the other side of the lake. Shoot me some details, I'm pretty close to the boat.

I've been looking at some my self, I might have already looked at this one.

Registered
    Does the boat have a name . I live in seabrook let me know if i can help.

Registered
    Thanks guys, just sent out PM's. Really looking for someone to look it over and maybe suggest a place to get a compression test done, or do it yourself. I'm willing to throw a few bucks at whoever can help if needed. I really want to fly down this weekend to check it out and just want an indication of health before I spend the big bucks on a flight.

Registered
    If no one steps up pm 105mph and have him look it over for you.

Registered
    I do still have some mild interest in this boat. Somebody had looked at it in the past and said it seemed neglected. I keep going back and forth on whether I should still have someone else check the motor and drive out. I can deal with cosmetic issues or other things that can be fixed without a major investment. A junk motor or drive would not be cool though.