Lake Lewisville water level

Notices

Lake Lewisville water level

Old 08-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FREAKY FAST
yep. at least 28' over there. you guys going to be out Sat?
Yep, we are out pretty much every weekend.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Registered

Any Lewisville advice? I've never been on the lake but I'm bringing my soon to be sold Baja down to run it for a guy who is going to buy it.....he says he has been on Lewisville but I think he is more of a ski guy.....need some help if you can give some. I read this entire thread but I don't know what the south/north cut are. I've been to Sneaky Petes on the north side of the lake, but never been out on the lake. I heard there is a submerged forest the peaks its head from time to time? wtf? help please!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WildRooster
Any Lewisville advice? I've never been on the lake but I'm bringing my soon to be sold Baja down to run it for a guy who is going to buy it.....he says he has been on Lewisville but I think he is more of a ski guy.....need some help if you can give some. I read this entire thread but I don't know what the south/north cut are. I've been to Sneaky Petes on the north side of the lake, but never been out on the lake. I heard there is a submerged forest the peaks its head from time to time? wtf? help please!
How long of a run are you planning for him?

If you put in at Sneaky's, you can run east the whole length of the dam towards Pier 121.

Generally the only place you will get into trouble is in the middle of the lake, up to the north.

If your guy knows the lake, even as a ski guy, he should be able to keep you out of trouble.

If you do go to party cover, there are two ways to get there from Sneaky's. The south cut would be the shortest route, and that's the one you will want to avoid. I walked across it this weekend, its not quite waist deep at its deepest point, and its all rock through there.

The north cut is well over 20 feet deep.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Registered

Thanks...the boat did sell and no issues at all on Lewisville for the first time. Put in just north of Sneaky Petes at Tower Bay. I was a little worried with the "Hazard" bouy's on the idle out and it got down close to 3' on the depth finder. All was good and the boat sold, maybe a bigger Fountain for the coming season. Thanks again
Old 09-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm out almost every weekend, or night bow fishing, I know the highland village area is low, but pilot knoll ramp is still open. I stay east of 35 out front of sneaky and around the dam. Praying for some rain!!!!

Rick
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

anyone going to be out this weekend? We will and are thinking of staying on the boat over night. Probably in family cove... assuming it doesn't rain.