Greers Ferry Lake, AR >

Greers Ferry Lake, AR

Notices

Greers Ferry Lake, AR

Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Greers Ferry Lake, AR

Anyone frequent GF? Saw a sweet Nor Tech on LD weekend. He said he was local but I have never seen that boat before on the lake. I know our lake is remote, but it's nice.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Anyone frequent GF? Saw a sweet Nor Tech on LD weekend. He said he was local but I have never seen that boat before on the lake. I know our lake is remote, but it's nice.
CrownHawg

It's a great lake that I grew up on but there is more entertainment and boat friendly business on Hamilton. It's really nice to be able to keep your boat on a lift and take the family across the lake for hamburgers pizza or steak and a nice glass of wine. GF seems to be more retirement crew oriented.

I ran with the Nor Tech in Destin at The Emerald Coast PR and LOTO Skaterfest/Shootout. Super guy with a nice boat that he can definitely drive.

Send us a message if you come south I'll do the same if I come to GF.

Skate
Old 09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skate, you are definitely right about there not being much on water entertainment on GF. Much slower pace here as well. It doesn't help that we are 50 miles from a wet county either. I used to frequent Hamilton and was always amazed at the number of big go fasts on such a small lake. Ouachita is bigger, but it is pretty much like GF with no on water establishments. We're probably pretty much done with boating this year, switching to offseason activities (atvs). We have been on GF for about 15 years and have a place near Sugarloaf so we are here year round (on weekends). Hope to meet up next summer!