Lake Travis Ramp info >

Lake Travis Ramp info

Notices

Lake Travis Ramp info

Old 09-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lake Travis Ramp info

Mansfield Dam Ramp is done,our new LTPA member Nick Pierce found out sat when his trailer fell off the end, luckily no damage done.
Ramp at Highland Lakes is in the silt and scary looking but they are still using it,bring a big 4x4,
We didnt check out Ericson Marina (next to Carlos and Charlies) so call first if going there,
I pulled mine out by Emerald Bend ramp in Lago its good but getting down to the silt as well,steep as heck bring strong 4x4 and a LagoVista POA card.
Anyone else know of any others still working?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lago is where we put in, its pretty sketchy when you hit the brakes and the truck starts sliding!! Our friends that have the house there says that it used to be a road across the river so it goes all the way down to the river channel.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I found this thought ya might want to see....

http://www.kvue.com/news/Lake-Travis...130171313.html
Old 09-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

not looking good at all...looks like i might have to run on lake austin and dodge wakeboarders to get my boat wet before too long
Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

I put in at Lake LBJ last weekend and it wasnt too too bad out there. Of course it was also overcast so that more than likely had a lot to do with it.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered

Problem we found on LBJ is everything shuts down after Labor Day so there is nowhere to go
Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Lago is where we put in, its pretty sketchy when you hit the brakes and the truck starts sliding!! Our friends that have the house there says that it used to be a road across the river so it goes all the way down to the river channel.
That is correct, when it gets in the silt they bring dozers in and clear it down to the road grade,so basically as long as they keep doing that the ramp would be useable to the bottom but you would need a monster 4x4!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Registered

Well my boat is smaller than most of your boats, but I just put in off the beach at Pace Bend about a month ago and from what I have heard you can still do it. Hope to find out soon.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Well my boat is smaller than most of your boats, but I just put in off the beach at Pace Bend about a month ago and from what I have heard you can still do it. Hope to find out soon.
About 2 weeks ago I was by there in the boat and there was a 4x4 that was buried to the frame in the front and back. A lot of people were looking at it. When I went by about an hr later it was still sitting like it was before.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

When you start believing you can't stick a 4x4 you better have a winch
Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.