Notices

Lake Livingston Info Plz (?)

Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance
I only get about 1 mile per gallon.
When I get into the boost on my motors I probably get about 1/2 mile per gallon at best. I know that a 155 gallons (full tank) can go pretty quickly when I am running WOT and in the boost.

I live just North of Lake Charles and I could put in there but I like the idea of cruising from Port Neches. Keep in touch, I would like to do the trip with your group if you do not mind. I would just trailer to Port Neches and splash with you. I am going to have to check and see what days it will be and put in for some time off then.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
When I get into the boost on my motors I probably get about 1/2 mile per gallon at best. I know that a 155 gallons (full tank) can go pretty quickly when I am running WOT and in the boost.

I live just North of Lake Charles and I could put in there but I like the idea of cruising from Port Neches. Keep in touch, I would like to do the trip with your group if you do not mind. I would just trailer to Port Neches and splash with you. I am going to have to check and see what days it will be and put in for some time off then.
I don't mind, that would be great. We should try to get a large group together. I think Contraband Days is the first 2 weekends in May. The second weekend in May is Tickfaw 200, which is also Mother's Day weekend. Assuming I have the schedule correct, I would like to do Contraband Days the 1st weekend in May, then go to Tickfaw 200 the 2nd weekend. I could keep my boat in the Beuamont Area for 1 week so I don't have to tow my boat all the way back to the Houston area. If I have to choose, I really don't want to miss Tickfaw 200. It is suppose to be a great poker run. Check out this video that someone put on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYBgVyAiSq4
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Sounds great. I did alot of boating on Lake Conroe and Sam Rayburn this year. It was my first year in Louisiana with the boat. I am a member of the Lake Conroe Powerboat club as well. I do want to get over to the Ticfaw run and do some more boating towards Baton Rouge, Lake Maurapas, and Ponchartrain this next year. I know they will have the water over there. The Texas lakes are pretty dry right now. I would also like to get down to the Clear Lake, Kemah, Galveston area as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

I go to Sam Rayburn all the time. You can walk to Snake Island now. I'm going up there this afternoon for the weekend, but no boating. I'll send you an email.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I guess contraband days is out for me, sons birthday, but I will look into tickfaw.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Here is some info from an older thread:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...exas-area.html

Try the search function and type in Lake Livingston. It will bring up any thread on here with the words in it.
thanks - I am new member and i noticed I was posting in the wrong threads sometimes
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by siamjimi
thanks - I am new member and i noticed I was posting in the wrong threads sometimes
Welcome to OSO. Tons of great info here.

I have been on Livingston only once and I was on the south end by the dam. Get a lake map and be carefull. I have one of the lake if you want it. Just let me know where to mail it.
The residents around the lake have put "milk jug' bouys on some of the hazards that can do harm to a boat. They are hard top see when blazing across the lake so I recomend you go slow your first few outings till you get a route down and learn where the hazards are. I was told to stay away from the North end of the Lake (North of the 190 bridge). Even have to be very carefull for the first mile or so South of the 190 bridge.

Here is a link to the Lake level. It will update the level daily. http://livingston.uslakes.info/Level.asp

As you can see the level has dropped off quite a bit this year.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by siamjimi
Anyone got the latest scoop on Livingston ? - Any problems there ? - Any precautions - water level info ?

Sorry guys - I am not in the country and have been watching the news coverage about the problems many lakes are having since the drought and fires.

I am wanting to launch my boat in about 5 weeks.

I wanted to launch at Lake Conroe to take a few test runs with new engines in my boat - but heard it was pretty much a pond now.

I thought Lake Livingston would withstand the drought and still have boat launches that could be used.

Thanks for any info you can share.

Jimi

My buddy has a house there and was there this past Sunday (10/2). He said only a couple of private ramps are open and that the public ones were closed for public safety. I believe it's about 4' down. He definitely told me not to bring my boat there. They normally just ride skis.