Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Lk Lewisville is FULL! >

Lk Lewisville is FULL!

Notices

Lk Lewisville is FULL!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to pay, but it's a public ramp and probably the best in the area. Always thought that was a big 38! lol

Originally Posted by anewway
Wasn't sure if that was a public ramp or not, which is why I didn't mention it.

BTW, don't sell him short, its a 43'
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Default It looks like most of the Northern Texas lakes

are full at this point. Wish the same were true for Central/South Texas! Don't mean to threadjack but is anyone familiar with Lake Worth? I know it's on the smaller side but I have access to it through the military base. Was wondering if it would be a good place for the kids to swim/wakeboard. We have a 25' Rage, probably not a lot of WOT on this lake.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Registered

Putting in at Ray Hubbard tomorrow...81 and mostly sunny is to hard to resist
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

No offense but I would not waste your time on Lake Worth. Small lake some spots narrow and stumps in areas. It is full so that makes even seeing the stump areas harder. Your Nordic will be the nicest boat on the lake I can tell you that.

Even though the lake is close to me and my biz I been on it one time in 30 years with a jet ski and it was boring. You can go up and down the whole lake in 30 mins. The only thing thats come to mind to describe the lake is its reminds me it should have a trailer park around it.

Go to Eagle Mountain Lake instead or Lake Lewisville or Lake Grapevine is OK. I perfer PK or Texoma over any DFW lakes hands down. Alot Lakes in DFW our too small especially for your bigger boats plus have a ton of traffic on the boating weekends. DFW is not the sportboat area like it use to be - alot of wakeboard boats, Sea Rays & Crownlines here. Not saying anything wrong with that but if your into the performance boat areas then Texoma or PK or when Lake Travis has water is the places. JMO if that counts.

Last edited by BUP; 03-12-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the input...

One of the reasons I'm seriously considering this it that there is a Navy Lodge, pretty inexpensive lodging for our family of seven, right on the water. Our kids love skiing, tubing, and wake boarding and we often end up hanging out in the same area of the lake doing figure eights while they ski and tube. I definitely don't want to ding the prop I just paid $400 to have repaired!

Lodging expense is ALWAYS a big deal for us when we go away from our home lakes which are currently very low.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Canyon Lake, TX

@XX14 - Have you tried using the Joint Base facilities at Canyon Lake? They have lodging. Bad part right now the lake is down almost 10 ft., so the Armed Forces boat ramps are unusable. However you would have access to other ramps that are free of charge.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered

Default I have...

they're a great value. We've stayed in the trailers there before and the price is definitely right. Only downside is you have to clean it before you leave.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

2', 4" above normal and still going up! Watch out for debris!!!