Notices

Topwater Grill?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Topwater Grill?

Can any of you Kemah/San Leon guys tell me if it is possible to launch at the Topwater Grill. I heard they have a ramp, but have never been there. I am staying in a rental house during the Texas Outlaw Challenge and the Topwater is only about 2 miles from the rental. How far, by water, is it from the Topwater to Clearlake and the start to the Poker Run?
Any other recommendations? Would it just be better to trailer to Kemah and launch under the bridge?
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Boater
Can any of you Kemah/San Leon guys tell me if it is possible to launch at the Topwater Grill. I heard they have a ramp, but have never been there. I am staying in a rental house during the Texas Outlaw Challenge and the Topwater is only about 2 miles from the rental. How far, by water, is it from the Topwater to Clearlake and the start to the Poker Run?
Any other recommendations? Would it just be better to trailer to Kemah and launch under the bridge?
I launched at Kemah under the bridge and went to Top Water Grill. Top Water Grill does have a boat launch. I had someone that knew the area tell me where to go. If you don't know the area, you better go where there are people that do that you can follow. You can get yourself in trouble. Hope you have a detailed GPS. I would launch under the bridge. That is where the Poker Run starts. Lots of parking for large trailers.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AZ, it is only about 9 miles from topwater to the kemah cut and topwater's ramp is good, but urban is right if you don't know, one spot is questionable.
There is one point that you want to go between the marker and shore line. before and after that it is simple. Most likely kemah ramp would be the best get there early and beat the crowd.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Great advice. Thank you. I will launch under the bridge.

Are any of you guys going to be on Clear Lake or the bay in the coming weekends and willing to give me a boat ride around the area? I am in San Antonio and could come down to Kemah for a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday.

Just looking for some local advice on navigating around before I drop the boat in for the Outlaw Challenge.