Notices

Texas chat!!!

Old 09-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I are planning to attend and meet you all. Still hooking up Fri night at Sam's Boat? Good to hear about another band booked at Papa's Sat night.

Planning to splash the boat Wednesday for a test run. It hasn't been wet since TOC.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep still on for Friday night..looking forward to meeting everyone. We plan to get in the water about noon and get our slip at Waterpoint.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Anybody selected a VHS channel for the group to monitor?
Current boat/people count?
"Planning to splash the boat Wednesday for a test run." Now I am envious.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered

Well, once again our boat will not be in a local event!

I had to pull the wheels off to send them back to the warehouse because all 4 had failure of the clear coat with bad corrosion after only 4 dunks. When I pulled them off I noticed the rear axle inner seal on both sides had failed. Nearest trailer shop is four days backed up and I have medical test scheduled this week that'll take me out for a day. Also all my tools are still in Missouri at United Van lines! So VERY glad I bought a new trailer for the salt water!! And from a builder everyone gushes over to top it off!!

This move to Texas has now reached "SUCKS" status, the shine has definitely worn off. Oh, and we are meeting with a structural engineer this morning for a foundation inspection on our second attempt to buy a new home in the Houston area!!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Registered

Gonna get in mine tomorrow or Thursday to reseal that pesky thermostat seal that's weeping, I'll talk to the girls and see if they want to hit SAMs boat Friday night for a few, but they all are wanting to do some country dancing so we will be hitting big Texas Friday night. We are gonna splash in Saturday morning around 9 and meet up at papas for hangover drinks lol. Also have Formula223 joining us and Larry said he was in too along with a few smaller boats that are Conroe regulars.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY

I had to pull the wheels off to send them back to the warehouse because all 4 had failure of the clear coat with bad corrosion after only 4 dunks. When I pulled them off I noticed the rear axle inner seal on both sides had failed. Nearest trailer shop is four days backed up and I have medical test scheduled this week that'll take me out for a day. Also all my tools are still in Missouri at United Van lines! So VERY glad I bought a new trailer for the salt water!! And from a builder everyone gushes over to top it off!!

This move to Texas has now reached "SUCKS" status, the shine has definitely worn off. Oh, and we are meeting with a structural engineer this morning for a foundation inspection on our second attempt to buy a new home in the Houston area!!
Dude! It ain't the great state of Texas you just need better advisors! Sorry to hear about the trailer. Who is this builder whose stuff can't take 4 trips to the bay? Try Master Hitch trailer repair. Ask for Tom.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY

Like on time said tom at master hitch is a great guy to deal with, if you don't want to haul it that far there's also Pasadena trailer down here. I can't believe the issues your having with the manning, as per what everyone has said about them... Where are you looking at buying the house??

I will know Friday if I will be able to make it or not, hope it works out and I can make it up!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

There are a lot of trailer shops around town that could hook you up before the weekend. McClain trailers does service also.

Not sure where you ended up in town. http://www.countrysidetrailers.com/ in Spring has always been great to deal with.

Alternatively, pick up the parts and come by my house Friday evening and we will fix it asap.

Last edited by Wobble; 09-09-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Registered

Your luck sucks with that trailer.....get it fixed or call me and I will help get it done.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Wobble you going to make it out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.