Notices

Texas chat!!!

Old 09-03-2015, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Prob going to be running hula hut peps out of your cove sat ,then cruising around sunday playing van halens "where have all the good times gone" i have enjoyed a mostly no stump summer , but damn!
I think the new party cove will end up behind hidden cove. A boat tried to jump the gas dock last sat.
Still pretty lame out there relatively speaking
Old 09-04-2015, 12:59 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Boating started very late in the year as we all know. Joe pool just opened back up and I say just. it has been pretty darn lamb for boating all year even currently.

Many people that I see and talk to really are just feed up with boating all together in the area. To many negitives in the area to deal with even with gas prices way down, It is just a mere image around for boating anymore. take 6 years of really low lake levels and then huge flooding this year. Can not get anything in between.

IMO kind of Mickey Mouse area for boating anyways to begin with even when lakes were full. Stump lake country and very small lakes especially for your bigger sportboats. Poker runs have been long gone in the area for many years now plus really no sportboats running around even in the last 6 years.

Look at LOTO and Lake Havasu or, any of the Michigan Lakes, we have nothing compared to that plus dealing with the heat and traffic along with the heavy construction all over the place, then you always run into a traffic jam no matter what time of the day it is, really jacks up the person towing their boat to the lake. I do not even boat currently in the area anymore not worth the hassle especially with the 6 years of low lake levels prior.

My lowest year ever for working on boats. less than 140 currently and IMO after this weekend main stream boating in the area will be done. Hell my first year in a real business doing this back in 1991 we worked on 345 boats for the year and again the first year of doing so . By current standards that would be a lot of boats but those days are gone.

Last edited by BUP; 09-04-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:14 AM
Registered

Went to sneaky petes last nite and was the only people there. And the pools were open.
might be time to take up golf
Old 09-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by airjunky
Went to sneaky petes last nite and was the only people there. And the pools were open.
might be time to take up golf
Hey what do you mean running ppl in/out of Hula Hut? I know they are about to open and on their site, they say the Corp has even approved them to have boat docks... but who are you running back and forth? Maybe theres something I dont know? Jay
Old 09-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Registered

Town of little elm has begun working the site from the backside for a small park backing to the shoreline. Thats part of what that secondary parking lot across the creek next to hula hut is going to be for.this will connect to the park under contruction already ,on the other side of wake cable park. Once the water recedes, expect to see a small fishing pier -boat dock behind hula hut.planning to take some of the managers out on lake tour today ,will have a few boats back there including a red 540 powered tunnel hull jet boat with a wing on the back and a white baja 272