Lewisville or Texoma

Notices

Lewisville or Texoma

Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baja_brian
Where is the best place to stay down there?
Depends on what lake you are heading too, not sure about Texoma, but if you have the CA-CHING $$ you could stay at the Gaylord in Grapevine, it's on the lake and has a great night life!!

Rick
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Will you be with kids ?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texoma is fine it might be 5' low at most. Look into staying at Tanglewood
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Pokher Ace
Texoma is fine it might be 5' low at most. Look into staying at Tanglewood
So Texoma is good? Just talked to a friend of mine who is a fishing guide out there, said it was way low! Thanks for the update!!

Also, Been following your restoration, AMAZING!!!

Rick
Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texoma level is fine. A little low just means more beach.

I wouldn't drive 25 miles to boat on Grapevine much less from Kansas (or where ever the op is from). That's a 9k acre lake. Texoma is 89k acres.

There are plenty of places to stay around Texoma. It really depends on what kind of scene and how much you want to spend. I'm not very familiar with lodging on the OK side but as mentioned for a "high end Hotel" set up Tanglewood is nice and in (close) to Highport Marina (nicest on the lake for my money).

As an alternative you can rent "cabins" (trailers) over at Light House Marina and get more of the camp ground feel. Both have launch, fuel and ships store.

I think Soilder Creek (Oklahoma) also has trailers and such for rent.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Water Levels

Just something I look at once a week, and hoping for rain:

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/statewide
Old 12-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was traveling any distance and spending a couple of nights to a week, then Texoma for sure.

Lewisville is a lot of fun, but there are a lot of idiots in PC, and yes, a lot of cops cruising around, but you will find that almost anywhere. Although the cops are pretty ridiculous at times. Some weekends there are 4-5 boats circling through the cove at the same time.

Lewisville is only a little over 6' down, which is no problem at all. I've been on it when it was closer to 12-14' down and still didn't have any issues.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
If I was traveling any distance and spending a couple of nights to a week, then Texoma for sure.

Lewisville is a lot of fun, but there are a lot of idiots in PC, and yes, a lot of cops cruising around, but you will find that almost anywhere. Although the cops are pretty ridiculous at times. Some weekends there are 4-5 boats circling through the cove at the same time.

Lewisville is only a little over 6' down, which is no problem at all. I've been on it when it was closer to 12-14' down and still didn't have any issues.
Hows the Ciggy running? I finally gave up Black Thunders and took up smoking too.... lol

Chris
Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Hows the Ciggy running? I finally gave up Black Thunders and took up smoking too.... lol

Chris
Hey Chris! Been meaning to drop you a line and see how things are going. Congrats on joining the family! Got any pictures?

Mines running good. I'm ready for warm weather again.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by anewway

I live on Lewisville, PC is so crowded that the cops only go after the obvious idiots, and there are plenty of those. I'd be more concerned about some drunk kid in a wake board boat not yielding right than the cops any day. I'm on Texoma about 5-6 times a year, the lake is itself is awesome. But if you're going to a PC where you're with buddies and looking to view/participate in live sex shows, (no joke they are everywhere) then Lewisville is where it is at. If you're going with spouses and/or family then Texoma for sure. Hope you have a great time no matter which one you choose!