Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Indoor Storage in the Houston Area? >

Indoor Storage in the Houston Area?

Notices

Indoor Storage in the Houston Area?

Old 10-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indoor Storage in the Houston Area?

Well we've made it to Houston in one piece. Over the next coupe of months we will be staying in the Midtown area off Bagby. In a few weeks I will be dragging down our 26 Outlaw and will be needing an indoor storage facility for the boat/trailer. It does not need to be in our immediate area and I don't mind having to drive for a location that is secure.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Theater District? How long in this area?

Do you know where you will boat most often? Houston is so big, there will be many choices once you decide north towards Lake Conroe, or south towards Clear Lake.

Welcome to Houston!!!!

I guess IMHO, outside Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Tollway), would the safest off the top of head, Pearland area on the South.
Also if searching internet, look for indoor RV storage.

Last edited by 97FASTech; 10-19-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Welcome!! Glad y'all made it down!! I would try league city storage or Calder road storage I used to keep my 25 at Calder road, it's gated and the guys house is behind the units and he's reasonably priced. Most all the ones around the clear lake, league city, kemah area are all gated with cameras and such. As far as lake Conroe I'm sure friehill will chime in and point you in the right direction for that area. You kinda smack dab in the middle between the two lakes. Now get your boat down here and come join us on the toy run!!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Clark aka 'crb76' kept his boats in a Hurricane rated facility down in League City. Shoot him or his Dad, "chuckbeecher" here on OSO a Private Message to find out exactly where. He never had any issues including when some of the bigger storms passed through.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
Theater District? How long in this area?

Do you know where you will boat most often? Houston is so big, there will be many choices once you decide north towards Lake Conroe, or south towards Clear Lake.

Welcome to Houston!!!!

I guess IMHO, outside Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Tollway), would the safest off the top of head, Pearland area on the South.
Also if searching internet, look for indoor RV storage.
Theater District? I have no idea, more like the college party district. We are south of 45 and north of 59.

We are going to be here until our home in Missouri is sold and right now we are set up for three months but it could be for longer.

Thanks for the information.

Originally Posted by T-RAV
Welcome!! Glad y'all made it down!! I would try league city storage or Calder road storage I used to keep my 25 at Calder road, it's gated and the guys house is behind the units and he's reasonably priced. Most all the ones around the clear lake, league city, kemah area are all gated with cameras and such. As far as lake Conroe I'm sure friehill will chime in and point you in the right direction for that area. You kinda smack dab in the middle between the two lakes. Now get your boat down here and come join us on the toy run!!
Right now we are wanting to look in to the south around Clear Lake and the areas you've listed. Once my wife starts we will get a better idea hopefully what our future will hold.

Are the places you listed indoor storage facilities?

Hopefully in a few weeks the boat will be here and we will be joining you guys. Toy Run is this an annual event?

Sydwayz, I will give them a shout, thank you.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

This would be the perfect set up since you have such a long drive:

http://www.endeavourmarina.com/endeavour2012/rates.html

Plus, if you do the Texas Outlaw Challenge, you at the center of the attractions.

Search Seabrook RV storage / Boat storage.

Last edited by 97FASTech; 10-20-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Registered

In Clear lake you want to try Endeavor marina... Its a dry stack storage on the the Lake for easy access or Sports Shed Boat storage in Seabrook, Texas Ask for Mark the owner..... Its about two mile from the lake. The Sports Shed stays pretty full but he is building new units that will be ready by December...

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Well we've made it to Houston in one piece. Over the next coupe of months we will be staying in the Midtown area off Bagby. In a few weeks I will be dragging down our 26 Outlaw and will be needing an indoor storage facility for the boat/trailer. It does not need to be in our immediate area and I don't mind having to drive for a location that is secure.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Theater District? I have no idea, more like the college party district. We are south of 45 and north of 59.

We are going to be here until our home in Missouri is sold and right now we are set up for three months but it could be for longer.

Thanks for the information.

Right now we are wanting to look in to the south around Clear Lake and the areas you've listed. Once my wife starts we will get a better idea hopefully what our future will hold.

Are the places you listed indoor storage facilities?

Hopefully in a few weeks the boat will be here and we will be joining you guys. Toy Run is this an annual event?

Sydwayz, I will give them a shout, thank you.
Yes both of them are enclosed, just google boat storage league city, tx and start calling. Most of the places have enclosed units and gates etc. just call and ask. Endeavor is nice but the thing I don't like about them is if you get in to late your boat sits in the water all night and then you have to go back up there to clean/flush the next day or if you don't get done cleaning it before they close it sits outside all night. If you want to be on the water another option is to sling it at clear lake marina. I would get started now because a lot of the places have waiting list to get in. The toy run is a annual thing it's in its 11th year. I started a thread about it in this section.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered

Apparently I'm in the wrong business. Either no one has space or they do not answer their phone. I honestly did not think this was going to be an issue but it's looking like it's becoming one.

Any additional suggested businesses?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Registered

Are you tied to CL Area??? I would wait until you know for sure where you are going to buy your house and stay. I would make sure ya'll like it down there. I love it down there. But as mentioned… Houston is HUGE!!! You boat is 26' there are a number of storage facilities in and around town that can handle that boat.

Does the storage have to be on the water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.