Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Texas outlaw Challenge >

Texas outlaw Challenge

Notices

Texas outlaw Challenge

Old 12-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the run starts in Clear Lake and goes down to Harborwalk. About how many miles is that?
Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
So the run starts in Clear Lake and goes down to Harborwalk. About how many miles is that?
Not sure on miles but i'm thinking it took us close to an hour running back from Harborwalk probably running 60-70 with a few slow downs along the way. Harborwalk is on the other side of the I-45 bridge that goes into Galveston. There are 11 stops total and your required to do at least 5, with the stops on Galveston Bay recommended for boats 25 ft and above. And yes the Captains meeting and first stop on Saturday is Endevour Marina. Here's the website but not updated to 2014 yet: Texas Outlaw Challenge

Last edited by firehill19; 12-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Registered

Does Endevour Marina have weekend storage for the event? I am thinking the boat ramps will be packed.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wonder the same thing is there a place that people leave there boats over night for the event or do most just put it back on the trailer each night.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

We will probably get a slip...just makes it so much easier.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

We were docked at Endevour dock for the weekend but I didn't handle it so don't know how it works. Endevour does have a lot next to the activities where a lot of trailers were and boats on trailers.

Last edited by firehill19; 12-04-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, about not having anymore issues.

Lets just say I am still paying for dry rack storage in STL, paying for a storage unit in HOU, my truck is still in STL waiting to pull the boat down south, had to buy my wife a last minute airline ticket to fly home last weekend all because "something" was only going to take 3-3.5 weeks to build starting the 2nd of October. 7.5 weeks later the boat did not sit on the trailer correctly, the wheels were yellow, paint was chipping after just the delivery, bow stop didn't fit the boat, the steps were in the radius of the bumper and now we are going 9 weeks later with our closing happening the week of the 10th and the truck/boat are still not in Texas. But I digress.

Then, when I put the key into the door at our corporate housing place it just opened... only to find that it had been kicked in. Nothing like having the Houston PD in your place within the first hour of our arrival.

But other than all this no other issues and things can only get better! Right?

I don't think we will have any problems becoming Texans, spent the day in Galveston this weekend and drove around Clear Lake. I told my wife if we are not going to have snow anymore then Palm Trees will work for me.

Welcome!! I hope to meet you. Please look into our several fine boating clubs in Houston area starting with TOPPS Clear Lake. If you see this in time we are meeting tonight at 7PM at the Turtle Club in Clear Lake. The website is under construction. There is also "The Boat Club" of Clear Lake, www.boatersclub.org. And in Conroe we also have TOPPS, www.topps-lakeconroe.com. Again, welcome and don't get too anxious the high humidity we have causes a penetrating wet cold that makes it hard for me to do much boating before late March or April. Again, Welcome!!

Last edited by On Time; 12-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by firehill19
We were docked at Endevour dock for the weekend but I didn't handle it so don't know how it works. Endevour does have a lot next to the activities where a lot of trailers were and boats on trailers.
Most of the smaller boats and some bigger ones went in/out every day.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
Welcome!! I hope to meet you. Please look into our several fine boating clubs in Houston area starting with TOPPS Clear Lake. If you see this in time we are meeting tonight at 7PM at the Turtle Club in Clear Lake. The website is under construction. There is also "The Boat Club" of Clear Lake, www.boatersclub.org. And in Conroe we also have TOPPS, www.topps-lakeconroe.com. Again, welcome and don't get too anxious the high humidity we have causes a penetrating wet cold that makes it hard for me to do much boating before late March or April. Again, Welcome!!
I am very interested in joining the TOPPS Clear Lake, sorry I missed the meeting tonight. If you don't mind can you forward me the upcoming schedule? Our boat should be here next weekend if all goes well and we are looking forward to making new friends.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered

I am very interested in joining the TOPPS Clear Lake, sorry I missed the meeting tonight. If you don't mind can you forward me the upcoming schedule? Our boat should be here next weekend if all goes well and we are looking forward to making new friends.
I have been interested in this too. Could you send me the upcoming schedule also? I have been into outboard drag boat racing for years and now want to try something a little different since I bought my 30 Spectre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.