What Is This All About? >

What Is This All About?

Notices

What Is This All About?

Old 02-17-2014, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Right now I'm planning on doing the "Outlaw". Bringing my 27' Formula, we all should run together. Everyone thinking of doing the large run in the Bay, or just Clear Lake run? Any body have Nav with charts?
Old 02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be my first poker run also I would like to run with you guys as well. I only got a 22' scarab but it run up in the high 60s
Old 02-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what hotels or lodging is everyone staying at while down there?
Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Honestly the best two stops on the run for Saturday are on the bay, Harborwalk and Topwater Grill, We hit those places on any given Saturday or Sunday as the food is better. The ones on Clear Lake aren't much of a Challenge other than the crowd of boats around them trying to get in. I too run with the slow group as my old sled is nowhere near what the big boys have so why even try to keep anywhere even close to them.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:47 AM
Registered

I'm looking forward to the Topwater Grill stop. I hoping for some good fresh sea food.

I'll be purchasing an electronic chart of the area for my chart plotter. I'll be looking to make a run to CL & Galveston Bay prior to the TOC. Just to get a better idea of the area before the run. Probably in April or early June.

I've been looking at beach homes for rent in the Seabrook area that have docks to tie up the boat at night and keep my truck and trailer in the drive way. Just to keep from launching and loading every evening. Haven't committed anywhere yet. I'm still narrowing down to a committed crew that want to ride along.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

We are renting a house and a slip at the marina in Kemah. Worked out awesome last year.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
Right now I'm planning on doing the "Outlaw". Bringing my 27' Formula, we all should run together. Everyone thinking of doing the large run in the Bay, or just Clear Lake run? Any body have Nav with charts?

Jeff,

You can hit all of the stops in your boat. You would be bored if you just stayed in the lake.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea you will be fine and you really want to have the experience.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Registered

Yea you'll be good and the run to Galveston isn't bad at all, and fun I'm along with the slow group and live closes but stay in clear lake for that weekend last year I stayed at the new hotel on 146 and red-bluff (comfort suits) really nice and if you tell them your there for the OLC you get a discount!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by erichuegele
Jeff,

You can hit all of the stops in your boat. You would be bored if you just stayed in the lake.

Oh Yeah, will do the big run, just seeing what everyone else is doing, and if anyone had NAV / Charts to make things easy in the slow group!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.