Finally Made It Out!! >

Finally Made It Out!!

Notices

Finally Made It Out!!

Old 04-27-2014, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Made It Out!!

Finally, we got our boat wet with some Texas [salt] water.

Went out on Clear Lake and Galveston Bay yesterday for the first time and I don't know how I am feeling about salt water boating. Sure it was great and even thought the Bay was reported as "choppy" I'd sure hate to see it at "moderate chop" or higher, but with that being said it was FUN to run in waves that had a rhythm and rhyme unlike those waves in the "washing machine" they call LOTO.

Having salt spray on our lips and sunglasses was cool, but cleaning her,,, the boat that is up afterwards was not so much fun. The good news, there was hardly a scum line, the bad news is it seemed salt was everywhere. I ordered this last week and it should be here tomorrow, http://www.marine31.com/boat-foam-gun.html this should help speed up the clean up. I also followed a suggestion of a fellow OSO member and applied this product to our IMCO lower and it seems to work perfectly http://www.sharkhide.com/mpinfo.html

Looking forward to meeting some of you out on the water real soon.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Registered

Yes it can a little salty at times. Hope to be out in a week or 2.We have a pressure washer at the boat to knock the salt off. Works great.If you want to join Topps I can get you setup.Having a fun run May 10.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Glad you made it out! We are going to try and get out Saturday afternoon. Give me a call/text if you can make it out!!
Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 PM
Registered

T-RAV, Going try to get out soon.Maybe this coming weekend.If you want talk about joining TOPPS club let me know. We have a fun run coming up May 10
Old 04-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Registered

When is the next TOPPS meeting? I looked at on the site's calendar but didn't see meetings. I have my application in, did I have to attend the meeting to become a member? They sent me an email but I had something going on already.

Where do the fun runs usually go?

Last edited by TW720HVY; 04-29-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Next meeting is May 9th. Yes you have to attend.May 10th we have a fun run up to my brother-in-laws house. We are meeting at the turtle club at 11.00am and leave about noon.Me and my brother in law will meet everyone there. I will be in Visual Contact and he will be in Just Say No
Old 05-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 36baja
T-RAV, Going try to get out soon.Maybe this coming weekend.If you want talk about joining TOPPS club let me know. We have a fun run coming up May 10
We talked about joining this year, but something has come up that will affect our boating a bit and we decided it would be best to wait until next year.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Finally, we got our boat wet with some Texas [salt] water.

Went out on Clear Lake and Galveston Bay yesterday for the first time and I don't know how I am feeling about salt water boating. Sure it was great and even thought the Bay was reported as "choppy" I'd sure hate to see it at "moderate chop" or higher, but with that being said it was FUN to run in waves that had a rhythm and rhyme unlike those waves in the "washing machine" they call LOTO.

Having salt spray on our lips and sunglasses was cool, but cleaning her,,, the boat that is up afterwards was not so much fun. The good news, there was hardly a scum line, the bad news is it seemed salt was everywhere. I ordered this last week and it should be here tomorrow, http://www.marine31.com/boat-foam-gun.html this should help speed up the clean up. I also followed a suggestion of a fellow OSO member and applied this product to our IMCO lower and it seems to work perfectly http://www.sharkhide.com/mpinfo.html

Looking forward to meeting some of you out on the water real soon.
I know what you mean about the salt water. A couple of weeks prior to you I took mine out for the first time in the salt. The wind was steady 15 - 20kts. Very choppy. We hit the bay, the splash was covering the boat, one wave almost came over the bow and I turned it around. All I could think about was "my baby is getting covered in salt".

Anyway, looking forward to doing it again for TOC.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Registered

We are going to head up your way one of these weekends to check out Lake Conroe. I need to get something made for our trailer to keep the boat from sliding forward before heading that way.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered

I'm going out this Saturday for a little while in the morning if anyone is headed out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.