Water levels at Possum Kingdom Res. >

Water levels at Possum Kingdom Res.

Notices

Water levels at Possum Kingdom Res.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Water levels at Possum Kingdom Res.

I'm going to be doing some work in Ft. worth for the next 6-months, and I have boated in PK years ago..... But I heard that the lake level is down, is that true? Thinking about bringing out my 25 Talon for the summer. Also how is the DNR on exhaust noise there? I might have to put mufflers on the Talon.
Attached Thumbnails Water levels at Possum Kingdom Res.-388-25-talon-7-13-14.jpg  
Old 02-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hmmmm, no one on OSO boats on PK?
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been there many times but have no idea of current levels. Pulled this up. Looks low.

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservo...possum-kingdom
Old 02-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove over lake ray Hubbard a few days ago. East dallas. Very low also.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Dean I have many boat customers that use and or have their boats out that way. It was bad this summer that at one point all the boat ramps were closed. Most of the boating season had only 1 or 2 ramps open thru out.

Our area - and PK water levels has come up a bit currently but by July, I bet it will be worse off than ever. If you are in DFW area hit me up. I am also the one that my parents have a place in Melbourne Beach Florida that was looking to get out on the waterways this past summer.

The only lake in the area that was kept at the highest levels was Joe Pool Lake, very close to the city of Arlington, You would die when tool around this lake. There is a lot of nit witt boaters on it during boating season plus it is very small. It is very usable all year long with maintaining its lake levels. You can run round trip the whole lake in about 20 - 30 mins depending on your speed

Last edited by BUP; 02-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BUP,
Sorry about missing you when you were here last summer. Thanks for the info. I have some friends that live out in Graham TX, Real close to PK, and I'm going to call them tonight and ask about the water level there..
Dean
Originally Posted by BUP
Dean I have many boat customers that use and or have their boats out that way. It was bad this summer that at one point all the boat ramps were closed. Most of the boating season had only 1 or 2 ramps open thru out.

Our area - and PK water levels has come up a bit currently but by July, I bet it will be worse off than ever. If you are in DFW area hit me up. I am also the one that my parents have a place in Melbourne Beach Florida that was looking to get out on the waterways this past summer.

The only lake in the area that was kept at the highest levels was Joe Pool Lake, very close to the city of Arlington, You would die when tool around this lake. There is a lot of nit witt boaters on it during boating season plus it is very small. It is very usable all year long with maintaining its lake levels. You can run round trip the whole lake in about 20 - 30 mins depending on your speed
Old 02-05-2015, 01:37 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Dean let me know when you come this way. You seen my post way after the fact for some one taking me out on the water - so no biggy. I will be back in the MB - FL area as Volvo Penta School is located in Vero Beach and that is an easy location for me to attend since I do not have pay for hotel and rent a car. Plus I get free flights on top of that. I am so glad Volvo opened that one up few years ago.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BUP
Dean let me know when you come this way. You seen my post way after the fact for some one taking me out on the water - so no biggy. I will be back in the MB - FL area as Volvo Penta School is located in Vero Beach and that is an easy location for me to attend since I do not have pay for hotel and rent a car. Plus I get free flights on top of that. I am so glad Volvo opened that one up few years ago.
BUP,
Will do, looks like I'll be boots-on-the-ground next monday, 2/9/15. I'll send you a pm with my contact info.
Thanks,
Dean
Old 02-05-2015, 06:58 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I could not get my Daytona in last year. End of the ramp I like to use was only a few feet under water.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Possum kingdom has changed since back in the day as you will find when you arrive . Much busier and built up and lots more tpwd patrol . Google last red bull flugtag. Still a great lake .south side ramps are going to be your best bet .a bit of a cruise from grahm though . Its like a mini lake lewisville now. Party cove at hells gate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.