75º At Conroe Tomorrow >

75º At Conroe Tomorrow

Notices

75º At Conroe Tomorrow

Old 02-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TW720HVY
I saw you and your outlaw last weekend. Nice boat. Unfortunately, I was trying to get my boat loaded before they closed at 5pm and the tractor couldn't pull it out so I had to get my wife to drive the truck and trailer to a different ramp. Lucky for me, she pulls a 45' trailer like a boss so that's not a huge deal. Her only problem was getting the guys "trying to help" out of the way! Next time I will introduce myself.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joew.
boat ran great, thanks for asking. I want to try some different props and change the stereo but I'm happy so far. The only issue is trailering. The ramp I use is steep and the trailer will not make the hump to get in. Broke the truck drive shaft the first time. Tried the marina tractor this last weekend but it wouldn't pull it out. Next try will be with a 14" raised hitch to get the trailer over. That should work (no, I will not pull it this way safety police)
14" cast aluminum hitch should be fine on a little boat like that...
Old 02-18-2015, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Whitch ramp are you using? Inland marine is terrable! The one at lakeview was great, nice slope and pleanty long.
Good luck.
We went to Inland, I like how steep it is, it made launching and retrieving fairly easy with our set up.

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
I have a 23" LH Mirage plus stock, and a 26" Bravo 1 LH, if you need to try something.
Thank you for the offer, I already know what a 23P will will do. Sadly the one I sold was perfect for the boat, but at the time I wasn't aware and was just trying to recoup some money on the thousands I had spent... pull the for-sale trigger a little too soon.

Originally Posted by joew.
TW720HVY
I saw you and your outlaw last weekend. Nice boat. Unfortunately, I was trying to get my boat loaded before they closed at 5pm and the tractor couldn't pull it out so I had to get my wife to drive the truck and trailer to a different ramp. Lucky for me, she pulls a 45' trailer like a boss so that's not a huge deal. Her only problem was getting the guys "trying to help" out of the way! Next time I will introduce myself.
That is a very nice looking boat you have. If I had known that I could have easily hooked a strap to that tractor and helped pull you guys out. I have almost everything in my truck's tool box.

Next time we will say hello in person.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Flightplan
14" cast aluminum hitch should be fine on a little boat like that...
My luck it will break and the trailer will end up at the bottom
Old 02-19-2015, 02:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
We went to Inland, I like how steep it is, it made launching and retrieving fairly easy with our set up.

Thank you for the offer, I already know what a 23P will will do. Sadly the one I sold was perfect for the boat, but at the time I wasn't aware and was just trying to recoup some money on the thousands I had spent... pull the for-sale trigger a little too soon.

That is a very nice looking boat you have. If I had known that I could have easily hooked a strap to that tractor and helped pull you guys out. I have almost everything in my truck's tool box.

Next time we will say hello in person.
Yea, we thought about the strap but decided to go the other route. See you next time your up at Conroe.