Help with 38ft Scarab North Houston Texas >

Help with 38ft Scarab North Houston Texas

Notices

Help with 38ft Scarab North Houston Texas

Old 07-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 38ft Scarab North Houston Texas

I have a Scarab project [North Houston Texas] and in need of a few smaller final repairs and run of 2 newly rebuilt engines. I would like to discuss with forum members in the area and find a reputable local marine repair shop.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:06 AM
Registered

Inland Marine on Lake Conroe. I'm in Spring and may be able to help out with few things depending on my schedule.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2 on inland marine. They are not the cheapest, but they are the best. They have the most tenured merc mechanic within hundreds of miles. My fountain has everything done at inland.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:55 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I am very current with Merc, Indmar, Volvo and PCM all with OEM factory training just an FYI. I am trying my best to get back to Merc racing school in April 2016.

Also getting current on the GDI marine applications as we speak. I do not expect anyone to send their boat my way plus I am 4 weeks out in repairs. Just saying.

Very average at best with Outboards and not as much factory training with them.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

I've used Jim at CMS in Clear Lake. No complaints - bit of a haul to get the boat in from Conroe but quicker than the waits in Conroe during the summer. I think inland did my summer make ready this year.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Registered

wow, thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Yeah I was thinking Lake Conroe would be a good source. I will be using a lake Conroe fiberglass shop to do gel-coat restoration at the tail end of the mechanical work.

I only have a few cables to replace, looking at the cable heads today to get the numbers and find them.

The boat engines were dock tested 1 year ago and I want to get the boat in the water.

I actually would like someone double team function testing the boat with me. A person with Scarab experience would certainly be helpful but not all that necessary.

Just like someone to double team and help me to test all the systems with the boat on the trailer and then double team function testing the boat later when launching at the lake either Conroe or Livingston.

I figured double teaming would be best to avoid jumping back and forth verifying things working, etc...

I figure this time of year everyone is knee deep into boat work and finding someone with the time the next 2 weeks may be a challenge, that's why I posted here on the forum in an attempt to see if anyone with experience would be available.

I figured 2 attempts at checking the systems, for what I think would be 2 hours maximum each of the 2 days I am proposing.

Any you guys know someone may be interested plz contact me or send their contact info.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered

I hope your kidding about Jim @ CMS , he stole a motor from me , won't answer hits phone etc…… I wouldn't wish that guy on an enemy.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Registered

If you still need some help, feel free to give me a shout! In the spring/tomball area, and have a shop off 105 if you need a place to wrench out of the weather!
Old 09-01-2015, 01:29 AM
Registered

Hey Finney do you know anything about Ed at Clear Lake Powerboat Services?
Old 09-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Registered
VIP Member

As a matter of ease I took a chance on Tim's Boat Repair off FM1097 in Montgomery. To repower my Scarab 29 with twin 350 Mags.

Right off the Lake. I had it out first time this weekend. Put 5 hours on it or so and apart from some normal stuff, I am quite happy. Not a thing out of place. He works on other go fast as well and a lot of those high dollar wake boats..

Not the cheapest though...